Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

With French Gendarmerie................

Article about: Hi all. I am not writing this seeking sympathy...................I should have known better. I sold what I still believe to be display F1 Grenade fuse & handle mounted on a marble base &

Default With French Gendarmerie................

Hi all. I am not writing this seeking sympathy...................I should have known better. I sold what I still believe to be display F1 Grenade fuse & handle mounted on a marble base & with the manufacturers logo either side. Basically a desk paperweight advertising the company which I think dated to the 1930's & had green felt on the base(I have attached photos). I am well aware of the perils of live ordnance not least sending it by post(& the penalties). I examined the whole of the central metal part & it is made from solid metal & has been turned-there is no join. The item was sold in May & there were 2 gendarmes on my doorstep this morning explaining it had shown up on the X-Ray detectors at CdeG Airport. It doesn't matter whether it was live or not-they think it was. Luckily I have the photos still as the listing is no longer accessible. I think I am in the sh*t.................any advice would be gratefully received.
    Many thanks Rob
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote by chesterpiglet View Post
    I think I am in the sh*t.................any advice would be gratefully received.
    Many thanks Rob
    Get a good lawyer?
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Maybe common sense will prevail in the end...

One would hope so................I will let you know tomorrow how I get on.

I hope it all goes well for you. Maybe it will just be confiscation and a slap on the wrist!

Hi HtM Just got back from the Gendarmerie..............still free. It was principally red tape & there is a 95% chance of hearing nothing more. I could also get a telling off or a fine & there is still a chance of a maximum 5 years in jail so it is quite rightly serious stuff. It was destroyed in a controlled explosion & the Bomb Disposal thought it could have been dangerous but they weren't sure, well it was a dummy! Anyway all's well at the moment..............I will still have an anxious few months but it should be OK. I have learnt a lesson.....................I will never buy or sell anything like this again let alone post it. Thanks for the encouragement. Best regards Rob

Hi Rob, I'm pleased to hear it turned out well for you. When it comes to ordnance, the authorities tend to err on the side of caution and treat everything as potentially dangerous - and who can blame them in the dangerous times that we now live?

Cheers,
    Steve.