Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Funny soldiers!!

Article about: Right ready to move out,but cant help but feel we are missing something!!!!!!

Quote by Panzer 3 View Post
    Hi
    Great pics on there, did you know John Wayne and John Trevolta were in the german army, hope you like these.
    DAttachment 500592Attachment 500593ave.
    Always liked the Travolta look alike pic, I have seen it in Davis's German army uniforms & insignia book.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Part of a group of Dak pictures, look like they are having a party. Love the jerry can drum and the guy looks to be singing his heart out. Not sure whey they are all standing on the chairs, maybe musical chairs?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

All soldiers like to mess about. Some of my mates in New Lodge, Belfast in 1974. Apologies for the edging around the picture!

Belfast Diaries 136.jpg

The crew of the USAAF Boeing B-29-40-BW Superfortress (s/n 42-24598) "Waddy's Wagon", 20th Air Force, 73rd Bomb Wing, 497th Bomb Group, 869th Bomb Squadron, the fifth B-29 to take off on the first Tokyo mission from Saipan on 24 November 1944, and first to land back at Isley Field after bombing the target. The crew is posing to duplicate their caricatures in the nose art. The crew (l-r): Capt. Walter "Waddy" Young/pilot, Lt. Jack Vetters/copilot, Lt. John F. Ellis/bombardier , Lt. Paul Garrison/navigator, Sgt. George Avon/radio operator, Lt. Bernard Black/flight engineer, Sgt. Kenneth Mansie/flight technican, Sgt. Lawrence Lee/gunner, Sgt. Wilbur Chapman/gunner, Sgt. Corbett Carnegie/gunner, Sgt. Joseph Gatto/gunner. This aircraft was lost on 9 January 1945.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Default Here is one for you .

Unsure of what division/regiment on this photo . This is a scan of the original I have , the original is a lot smaller .

image.jpg

Quote by Jerry B View Post
    Always liked the Travolta look alike pic, I have seen it in Davis's German army uniforms & insignia book.
    Hi Jerry
    There's also a young Eric Banner in Davis's German army uniforms & insignia book.

Banner.jpg

I do like this image it's a ripper.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast