Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 11 of 27 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 21 ... LastLast

"FURY" 2014 Movie starring brad Pitt ,will be using a Real Tiger Tank !

Article about: Filming will feature The last running German WW2 Tiger Tank , I believe the Tiger in this movie is one the allies captured in Tunisia in 1943 as part of a special op endorsed by Churchill hi

?

I forgot about the Zombie sex sceen!!! LOL!!!

Dean O

Quote by sandgroper View Post
    I'm still traumatised by the sex scene!
    Since most blind to reality viewers believe in Hollywood.as the truth of all things..then the sex scene has to be correct in content. I learned alot watching that.

I look at Miss Piggy of the Muppets in a different light now

I hope not to derail this thread
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Quote by CampX View Post
    Well Paths of Glory and All Quite on the Western Front, as well the Aussies have made a couple of really great WW1 Films such as The Lighthorsemen
    And Under Hill 60

Dean O
    ..and Gallipoli of course

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

?

To me the best WW1 OZ flick I have seen would be the lighthorsemen, Some of the acting was a bit over the top..but still a great film, ( you can see the towing ropes in front of the tanks) And it is based on the True story about the Nurse and Medic.

Just My Thoughts

Dean O

I actually know Ian Jones, one of the blokes who produced that movie. He was hurt in a helicopter crash during the filming of the movie. I love the film, I reckon its really entertaining.

?

Quote by Woolgar View Post
    Out of interest can anyone think of any Hollywood films about WW1 apart from War Horse?

Nick
    The Blue Max is one of my favourites. George Peppard is always cool and thank the gods they didn't have him try to do an accent LOL I found it rather interesting- although I have no idea if it was intentional or not- that the aristocrats all had British accents and he, as a commoner, had an American one...

And recently there's been The Red Baron, which apart from the silliness of Richthofen meeting Bishop a couple of times, was an entertaining film.
    Ohhhhh- pillage then burn...

..and Gallipoli of course

Nick
    Another Brit bashing Mel Gibson hobby horse.....Fact is the senior officers who planned the advance and gave the orders to go over the top as seen at the end of the movie were actually Australian, but hey, let's not let the facts get in the way again of another one of Gibson's films!
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

?

Quote by fallbarbarossa View Post
    Why does Hollywood always focus on some crazy, unrealistic, 'behind enemy lines' kind of bullshit??
    Because doing original things is a huge risk, and they don't have many good writers anymore; that's why they're just doing remake after remake and milking successful franchises over and over rather than doing anything new. I can't count the number of times in the last 10 years I've finished a movie and thought the acting was good, the production was good, the visuals were good but the story and the writing were utter crap. Few good writers means you have to compensate by doing the same old thing. It's really a shame. That and appealing to the lowest common denominator audience, which is the majority, is the safest bet.

As for Hollywood always doing US stories- well OF COURSE they do; they're American. British movies focus on British stories, Canadians on Canadian stories, etc., etc.,- it has nothing to do with them thinking the US won the war an nobody else was involved. They focus on domestic audiences so make things domestic audiences will want to see- it's just unfortunate that they are not particularly interested in varied stories or other experiences is all. It's actually a bit odd given that I understand more profit is made from international sales than domestic- but if it's hard for them to make films that do well at home, imagine how many studio executives whose heads would explode trying to do something that'll work anywhere else LOL

I'll watch Fury because there are tanks in it- and from what it seems, really decent ones. Am I expecting it to be crap- absolutely; because then if it's not so much, it'll be a pleasant surprise LOL Do I expect the usual bad battles from virtually everything else- massive enemy casualties, and virtually no friendly ones except those that are felt by the other characters? Absolutely. Because people absolutely don't want to see the reality of what it was.
    Ohhhhh- pillage then burn...

Out of interest can anyone think of any Hollywood films about WW1 apart from War Horse?

Nick
    The Lost Battalion is quite good.
    Attached Images Attached Images

?

Great WWI film Sgt. York

Page 11 of 27 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 21 ... LastLast