Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 14 of 27 FirstFirst ... 4 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 24 ... LastLast

"FURY" 2014 Movie starring brad Pitt ,will be using a Real Tiger Tank !

Article about: Filming will feature The last running German WW2 Tiger Tank , I believe the Tiger in this movie is one the allies captured in Tunisia in 1943 as part of a special op endorsed by Churchill hi

The Polish-British Military Agreement in August 1940 led to the formation of the Polish Air Force under RAF operational control. However the The Polish Air Force (PAF) was under the direct control of the Polish government-in-exile and was the only "exiled" government to have such a military agreement with Great Britain.

It is certainly true that Poland was equipped, trained, housed and fed in Great Britain but it is also true that the Polish government in exile had to pay for the equipment and uniforms etc that they were supplied with by Britain out of the Polish State gold reserves smuggled out of Poland ahead of the German occupation. So it is not as if this war materiel and aid was gifted to Poland and if they were merely part of the British forces then they would not have had to pay for their war own materiel. However it would also be fair to say that Britain was at some point in the same boat as Poland during WWII in as much as it was a recipient of vast quantities of materiel from the US which it also had to pay for form its gold reserves in order to keep it in the war.

Back in the occupied Polish homeland there was a fully functional "underground state" that was under the direct political control of the Polish government in exile based in London. A good account of this is: "The Polish Underground State: A Guide to the Underground, 1939-1945" by Stefan Korbonski who was the last person to hold the post of the Government Delegate at Home.

There are many misconceptions about Poland and its history during WWII...even amongst us "Poles".
    I collect, therefore I am.

Nothing in science can explain how consciousness arose from matter.

Oops, I seem to have strayed further!

I am looking forward to seeing "Fury" and hope it is as enjoyable as World War Z(ee) which was a great entertainment
    I collect, therefore I am.

Nothing in science can explain how consciousness arose from matter.

Default Fury movie

Hi, you all know that the brand new movie staring Brad Pitt will be on cinemas very shortly.
    I was invited by Sony Portugal and the Army to produce an expo on the movie premiere.
    On the 20th of October.
    Cheers
    Nuno
    Attached Images Attached Images

I hope it isn't as ridiculous as his last war-movie "Inglorious Basterds" was...!
    cheers, Glenn

I doubt it... they pulled out the stops. Even used Bovington's King Tiger in the film.... Should be fun. Also it's not directed by Tarentino...

JMM
    ?

Congrats, Nuno. Keep us posted

?

I saw the Tiger tank on the Low loader after filming had finished, im lucky enough to live 5 mins from Bovington :P

My Mrs was devastated that she missed Brad Pitt being at the tank museum lol

I am looking forward to this one especially after the last 2 I saw werent really that good(Stalingrad,Monuments Men)

Quote by maximus71 View Post
    I am looking forward to this one especially after the last 2 I saw werent really that good(Stalingrad,Monuments Men)
    Same with me. I hope it turns out to be a good one.
    My first boss out of High school was a ww2 vet and
    drove a Sherman in Europe.
    Last edited by Chopperman; 10-08-2014 at 11:19 AM.
    gregM
    Live to ride -- Ride to live

I was addicted to the "Hokey-Pokey" but I've turned
    myself around.

Inglorious Basterds was never meant to be serious. I think this movie is looking pretty good, and I am quite excited. I also can't wait for "Unbroken" which will be out on Christmas day.

Page 14 of 27 FirstFirst ... 4 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 24 ... LastLast