Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 15 of 27 FirstFirst ... 5 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 25 ... LastLast

"FURY" 2014 Movie starring brad Pitt ,will be using a Real Tiger Tank !

Article about: Filming will feature The last running German WW2 Tiger Tank , I believe the Tiger in this movie is one the allies captured in Tunisia in 1943 as part of a special op endorsed by Churchill hi

Brad Pitt and Shia LaBeouf...... I will be surprised if it is not a "gun Ho one American tank saves the front". But lacking any other war movies coming out soon it will probably take up one afternoon in late october.

MAP
    ?

Quote by KMMorris View Post
    ...... I will be surprised if it is not a "gun Ho one American tank saves the front".....
    From the clip that I saw, it seems to imply that the one tank does hold the line........

M
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Quote by MAP View Post
    From the clip that I saw, it seems to imply that the one tank does hold the line........
    Who would have guessed .....

MAP
    ?

Who would have guessed .....
    Broken track and all. No place to go but to stand and hold the line

That being said, the trailers did look pretty cool!
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

?

If the Germans have German WW2 equipment and the Americans have American WW2 equipment and I can bare with the drama. I hopefully will enjoy this flic with out having to point out the mistakes.

The short previews I have seen do look promising.
    Semper Fi
    Phil

From the trailer I saw appears pretty accurate on weapons,equip and uniforms shown. timothy

Quote by AZPhil View Post
    If the Germans have German WW2 equipment and the Americans have American WW2 equipment and I can bare with the drama. I hopefully will enjoy this flic with out having to point out the mistakes.

The short previews I have seen do look promising.
    Semper Fi
    Phil

Luckily for me my total ignorance of both German and US equipment of the period means by looking out for inconsistencies in both does not spoil my enjoyment of these types of WWII films

But I am hoping that the film can convey the noisy, smoke filled, claustrophobic atmosphere of being in battle inside a tank that its crews often nicknamed 'Ronson'.

For me the most dramatic portrayal so far of what it must be like to be inside a battle tank was in the 2009 film "Lebanon: The Soldier's Journey"...Lebanon (2009 film) which was shot almost entirely from inside the tank. Definitely worth viewing.
    I collect, therefore I am.

Nothing in science can explain how consciousness arose from matter.

Brad Pitt and Shia LaBeouf...... I will be surprised if it is not a "gun Ho one American tank saves the front". But lacking any other war movies coming out soon it will probably take up one afternoon in late october.
    "April, 1945. As the Allies make their final push in the European Theatre, a battle-hardened army sergeant named Wardaddy commands a Sherman tank and her five-man crew on a deadly mission behind enemy lines. Out-numbered, out-gunned, and with a rookie soldier thrust into their platoon, Wardaddy and his men face overwhelming odds in their heroic attempts to strike at the heart of Nazi Germany."

"Wardaddy" oh dear!....

?

Also looking forward to this movie. I think ANY movie focusing on ww2 is better than half the crap that is released from Hollywood anyway....so I'll watch it regardless.

And Stefan, thanks for the heads up on "Lebanon"....always on the lookout for new films.

Quote by NunoGTI View Post
    Hi, you all know that the brand new movie staring Brad Pitt will be on cinemas very shortly.
    I was invited by Sony Portugal and the Army to produce an expo on the movie premiere.
    On the 20th of October.
    Cheers
    Nuno
    What a privilege to be asked to produce an expo on premiere! I wish I could be there! Wow and well done Nuno, that's a one off and I'm excited for you! break a leg (as we say in show business)

Page 15 of 27 FirstFirst ... 5 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 25 ... LastLast