Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 24 of 27 FirstFirst ... 14 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 LastLast

"FURY" 2014 Movie starring brad Pitt ,will be using a Real Tiger Tank !

Article about: Filming will feature The last running German WW2 Tiger Tank , I believe the Tiger in this movie is one the allies captured in Tunisia in 1943 as part of a special op endorsed by Churchill hi

The Tiger was wasted. They should have had a battle with all five Shermans at the crossroads doing a great job against the ground troops until......Big ass Tiger breaks through the trees and takes out four of them and the last tank standing (Fury) battles it out to the end. NH

Quote by davejb View Post
    Its Hollywood, what do you expect, its pure entertainment, it does,nt matter if its believable, far fetched, or whatever, look at Where Eagles Dare, great film with good actors, a totally unachievable mission, only Burton gets a scratch on his hand and half the Alpine Korps decimated by Eastwood, plus two extremely sexy women both with a good pair of lungs on them and you sit back and take the ride, watch The Audie Murphy story, part factual with bits added and HE starred in it
    So your telling me that Where Eagles Dare is not a perfect historical recreation. You have gone to far this time young man.....
    1311626491256.jpg

?

Unfortunately yes, but the music was great

Just seen Fury , Im sure the SS would've knocked out Brads tank within a minute or so , however it does show decency in Germans and brutality/ frustration of the Allies - regarding treatment of prisoners .

Finally watched a decent download of Fury last night, was impressed by the action, effects and costumes etc but totally unimpressed by the final scene. A buttoned up, disabled tank is able to defend against a company of 'faust equipped SS? Gimme a break, those SS would've flanked the tank in a New York minute and shoved a shaped charge up it a$$ without blinking.

Totally left me with the impression that its a thinly veiled recruitment propaganda film for the US military.

Dear all,

Some days ago I saw the movie in German TV. Yes, there are some scenes probably not very real, e.g. the Germans who could not destroy the damaged tank at once, the grenade of 'Panzerfaust' which didn't make burst the turret (maybe a dud?) and Brat Pitt looks still very well although 2 handgrenades were exploded inside nearby him. But I like the movie. IMO it gives a good impression of the physical, psychical and moral hardships and fatigues of a tank crew even on the winning side. And some scenes look similiar to paintings of Goya or Otto Dix. But both sides are shown 'balanced': A German prisoner is shot by the US tank commander, a SS soldier spares the last surviving tank member. The evil is inherent in the war. However I would transfer the scenario more to the Huertgen Forest insteed of the time near end of the war.

With best wishes
    alter musketier
    In memory of my father who was in K-Einsatz, combat engagement, with the RAD in the Alps in 1945, of my grandfather who was with the IR 87 during campaign in France in 1940 and of my grand-uncle who served in the Gardegrenadierregiment Nr. 3 "Königin Elisabeth" and who was killed in action at Craonne, Chemin des Dames in France in 1917

Gentlmen, In the European theater there were atrocities on all sides. To say that Waffen SS war more chivalrous that the "Frustrated" allied soldiers flies in the face of know history. On only need to look at Lidice massacre in retaliation for the assassination of Hydrich. There were many examples of atrocities committed by both sides. The SS Einsatzgruppen without a doubt take the number one spot with murders in the millions of unarmed civilians done one bullet at a time.

Quote by hassiman View Post
    ... To say that Waffen SS war more chivalrous that the "Frustrated" allied soldiers ...
    Hello,
    This wasn't my intention. The allied soldiers fought for freedom, human rights and democracy.
    With best wishes
    alter musketier
    Last edited by Alter Musketier; 12-15-2017 at 09:29 PM.
    In memory of my father who was in K-Einsatz, combat engagement, with the RAD in the Alps in 1945, of my grandfather who was with the IR 87 during campaign in France in 1940 and of my grand-uncle who served in the Gardegrenadierregiment Nr. 3 "Königin Elisabeth" and who was killed in action at Craonne, Chemin des Dames in France in 1917

There is no such thing, in war, as clean hands. Every major belligerent has some atrocity or war crime that can be pinned to it. Us Brits with the firebombing of Dresden, for example. War is brutish, ugly and horrific.
    The Second World War, I feel, is the culmination of that horror. But I would not attempt to dehumanise those groups, such as the Waffen-SS, who committed atrocities. They were entirely human, and that is what makes their actions all the more evil and repugnant.

In regards to the film, I enjoyed the vast bulk of it. But 'that final scene' really lets down the rest of it and spoils the overall tone. Up to that point, it was a gritty, visceral portrayal of war and all its horrors. The final battle, in comparison, played out more like a Michael Bay action movie.

B.B.

It's fiction with some basis in fact. Nothing more. I agree a battalion of Panzerfaust carrying troops would have ended the tank fairly quickly, especially one unable to move.The killing of prisoners was sporadic from both sides. Thousands were treated humanely, see my thread "For you the war is over" and yes, not all SS prisoners were shot on sight. Most were not.

Page 24 of 27 FirstFirst ... 14 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 LastLast