Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 25 of 27 FirstFirst ... 15 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 LastLast

"FURY" 2014 Movie starring brad Pitt ,will be using a Real Tiger Tank !

Article about: Filming will feature The last running German WW2 Tiger Tank , I believe the Tiger in this movie is one the allies captured in Tunisia in 1943 as part of a special op endorsed by Churchill hi

MAP
    ?

I just saw the movie last week (well 1/2 hr here, an hour there, etc. as it was playing on this particular TV channel all week).

I enjoyed it for what is was. Not factual, not historically accurate, just Hollywood entertainment. I (and my youngest son) did however have to explain to my wife all the flaws...LoL...I couldn't help it.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Quote by MAP View Post
    I just saw the movie last week (well 1/2 hr here, an hour there, etc. as it was playing on this particular TV channel all week).

I enjoyed it for what is was. Not factual, not historically accurate, just Hollywood entertainment. I (and my youngest son) did however have to explain to my wife all the flaws...LoL...I couldn't help it.
    Telling the Wife all the flaws!! God my Wifey beats me to a pulp when I try!!!

Quote by MAP View Post

I find myself doing that all the time now, since taking an interest in this hobby. Drives my family mad. Can't watch any WWII-based movie without complaining about one inaccuracy or another.

B.B.

MAP
    ?

Quote by reneblacky View Post
    Telling the Wife all the flaws!! God my Wifey beats me to a pulp when I try!!!
    Heaven forbid I pointed out her flaws. She doesn't have any!

Quote by BrodieBartfast View Post
    I find myself doing that all the time now, since taking an interest in this hobby. Drives my family mad. Can't watch any WWII-based movie without complaining about one inaccuracy or another.

B.B.
    That is just in our DNA..... The panzerfaust issue pointed out above was one my son caught...(having a faust myself, he's been educated in what they can do...)

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

... about stopping a whole company by a single tank. At the moment I am reading Cole's 'The Ardennes: Battle of the Bulge', edited by the Center of Military History, United States Army, just in week-day and almost just in time with the beginning of the battle in the early morning of December 16th, 1944. The situation near Buchholz in Luxembourg in the sector of the 28th US Infantry Division:

'... Early that morning a German company had marched up to a crossroads where the half-track [a M16 from the 447th Antiaircraft Artillery Battalion] was standing ... Seeing the vehicle, the enemy column paused. One of the crew thought fast and waved the Germans forward in friendly fashion. When the .50 -caliber machine guns on the half-tracks ceased fire nearly one hundred German dead were counted' (see page 184, footnote 8).

With best wishes
    alter musketier
    Last edited by Alter Musketier; 12-16-2017 at 11:48 AM.
    In memory of my father who was in K-Einsatz, combat engagement, with the RAD in the Alps in 1945, of my grandfather who was with the IR 87 during campaign in France in 1940 and of my grand-uncle who served in the Gardegrenadierregiment Nr. 3 "Königin Elisabeth" and who was killed in action at Craonne, Chemin des Dames in France in 1917

I watched parts of the movie and was attracted to it despite what flaws were pointed out ....showed the cruelness of war. I will watch the full movie tonight.

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Quote by Larry C View Post
    I watched parts of the movie and was attracted to it despite what flaws were pointed out ....showed the cruelness of war. I will watch the full movie tonight.

Regards Larry
    You will enjoy the tank battle, best part of the film.

MAP
    ?

..... I will watch the full movie tonight.....
    Doesn't your wife have chores for you to do Larry?

Quote by MAP View Post
    Doesn't your wife have chores for you to do Larry?
    Im not afraid of her..I gave her money
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

MAP
    ?

Im not afraid of her..I gave her money
    You might have given her money but you are still afraid of her.

Page 25 of 27 FirstFirst ... 15 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 LastLast