Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 27 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 14 ... LastLast

"FURY" 2014 Movie starring brad Pitt ,will be using a Real Tiger Tank !

Article about: Filming will feature The last running German WW2 Tiger Tank , I believe the Tiger in this movie is one the allies captured in Tunisia in 1943 as part of a special op endorsed by Churchill hi

Please do not under estimate the United States' contribution to both World Wars. The United States contributed raw materials, fuel, ships, aircraft, heavy weaponry, small arms, food, clothing, personnel. It was a monumental and decisive contribution which allowed good to triumph over evil regimes.

The Sherman will probably somehow destroy the tiger by penetrating its 110mm front armour at a world record distance with one shot to save the day.

The US entered ww1 in 1917 and ended a year later, not the greatest contribution

Quote by theaussie View Post
    Please do not under estimate the United States' contribution to both World Wars. The United States contributed raw materials, fuel, ships, aircraft, heavy weaponry, small arms, food, clothing, personnel. It was a monumental and decisive contribution which allowed good to triumph over evil regimes.
    You are right mate, i think the "Yank baiting" is just good natured leg pulling!..

?

I just don't like that they didn't want to help until Japan attacked them.
    Feels like they joined the war because of that, not out of helping allies.
    And yes, it's Always americans winning, where are the British, Canadians, French, polish?
    Never hear about them, especially about Arnhem where the polish soldiers contributed a lot.

?

"The United States contributed raw materials, fuel, ships, aircraft, heavy weaponry, small arms, food, clothing, personnel. It was a monumental and decisive contribution which allowed good to triumph over evil regimes" - and let's not forget it didn't do it for free. I believe us Brits only just finished paying off that debt, not to mention all the permanent bases we allowed them to set up on our then colonies. I still can't believe Tony 'the poodle' didn't extract the same repayment deal for Iraq and Afghanistan. Really dumb.

?

Quote by TheGoon View Post
    Your right it was a team effort but the Canadians made the last push to take it i do believe.
    Yes they did and with casualties predicted almost to the man.

Agreed, and it was a hard battle for everyone that fought in it.

Quote by alikat View Post
    "The United States contributed raw materials, fuel, ships, aircraft, heavy weaponry, small arms, food, clothing, personnel. It was a monumental and decisive contribution which allowed good to triumph over evil regimes" - and let's not forget it didn't do it for free. I believe us Brits only just finished paying off that debt, not to mention all the permanent bases we allowed them to set up on our then colonies. I still can't believe Tony 'the poodle' didn't extract the same repayment deal for Iraq and Afghanistan. Really dumb.
    Indeed this is true, Britain was in debt to the US until 2006, which is partly why the UK went through years of Austerity after wars end.

In many ways Britain payed the price for standing up to Hitler for far longer than any nation and that besides standing alone with the Commonwealth against him for years.

But lets not get into knocking the US and let us please stick to slagging off Hollywood or this thread might be terminated.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Quote by Jerry B View Post
    Indeed this is true, Britain was in debt to the US until 2006, which is partly why the UK went through years of Austerity after wars end.

In many ways Britain payed the price for standing up to Hitler for far longer than any nation and that besides standing alone with the Commonwealth against him for years.

But lets not get into knocking the US and let us please stick to slagging off Hollywood or this thread might be terminated.
    Well said Jerry I can feel the wheels beginning to come off this thread

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

Page 4 of 27 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 14 ... LastLast