Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 5 of 27 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 15 ... LastLast

"FURY" 2014 Movie starring brad Pitt ,will be using a Real Tiger Tank !

Article about: Filming will feature The last running German WW2 Tiger Tank , I believe the Tiger in this movie is one the allies captured in Tunisia in 1943 as part of a special op endorsed by Churchill hi

Your right! This thread is getting a little out of hand

?

Did Errol have his self loading multi round flintlocks from his previous buccaneering movies with him in the Burma jungles? A real battle winner!

Quote by Woolgar View Post
    Well said Jerry I can feel the wheels beginning to come off this thread

Nick
    Lets hope not mate, Hollywood is fair game IMHO and deserves it, but regardless of why or when the US joined in during both world wars, without them they would have in all likelihood ended in a different manner.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

?

Because Hollywood is in the US there is spillage of sorts. The US contributed to the successful conclusion of both conflicts immensely as we all know but us lesser nations feel Hollywood gives the glory to the home town team.

Speaking of which;

I remember visiting a war museum in East Berlin long before the wall came down. It was all Russia all the time. In fact there was as I recall one display on DDay but the gist of the museum was Russia and Germany and that's it.

And of course Communism prevailed in the battle of ideologies.

At the end of the day its down to box office revenues.

If the Americans are not featured then the film wouldnt take half the money and would flop!

Although its a bitter pill to swallow sometimes it does make commercial sense.

We need to accept it and just sit back and enjoy the entertainment for what it is

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

We also need to remember, history is written by the victors.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

?

Look forward to seeing footage of the Tiger if nothing else.

Quote by Woolgar View Post
    The director of Fury is David Ayer! Responsible for writing U-571
    U-571 = an absolute turd of a movie IMO (as I have stated here several times).

As for Brad Pitt, I sincerely hope this movie will be better than that equally turd-like movie 'Inglorious Basterds.
    What a load of bollocks that was. Both movies are insults to the audience.

But again, maybe the Tiger will be worth watching.

Please excuse me, while I'll go watch 'Patton' on DVD.

There was an interesting stat quoted on the convoy PG17 program the other day which stated that 75% of the tanks that fought for Russia during the pivotal defence of Moscow in late 1941 were those supplied by the UK. I had not realised this, though I had previously known that the Russains got most of the production of Valentine tanks ever produced and they were well liked apart from the narrow tracks.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

There were several reasons the USA didn't leap to the aid of Britain. Poland and France etc, if people want a better insight i suggest they google "1930s United States isolationism" it really wasn't a decision that was taken lightly!...

?

Quote by Jerry B View Post
    Indeed, just look at the great escape, the only US persons there were gone long before the escape ever happened.
    Quite correct Jerry all the Americans had been moved top their own area of the Camp although they had been involved in the initial stages of the Tunnels.

The only one left was George Harsh the American Security Officer.
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

Page 5 of 27 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 15 ... LastLast