Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Future collectibles

Article about: I somtimes think about what will be the collectibles of the future, in let's say 20 years and on. Will it be militaria from the Soviet war in Afghanistan(maybe already is?) Chechen war, Ex y

?

Default Future collectibles

I somtimes think about what will be the collectibles of the future, in let's say 20 years and on. Will it be militaria from the Soviet war in Afghanistan(maybe already is?) Chechen war, Ex yugoslavia conflict, NATO's occupation of Afghanistan and Iraq? There is also The Falklands War of course. Sorry if i missed any other interesting conflicts. What do you think?

Default Re: Future collectibles

I think Yugoslavia and Soviet / Afghanistan related will at the top.
    Falklands items are very always interesting especially to UK collectors.

Quote by meyle77 View Post
    I think Yugoslavia and Soviet / Afghanistan related will at the top.
    Falklands items are very always interesting especially to UK collectors.
    Yugoslavia still hasn't really got into the collectors market yet, but when it does I have a lovely uniform set I bought in the 1990s from a British mercenary, who was employed/fighting with the Bosnian-Croat Alliance. Maybe one day it will be worth something, I just bought it because it was interesting, and unique. And it still is both of those things.

Rob

?

Datrus I collect a wide variety of military new and old alike and I have the same thoughts from time to time but I am content to collect what I like and there is much more I wish to add .I am shur though that as time passes many of the items from the police actions,conflicts and modern wars will become collectible in there own right and I would like to mention a few more that I have noticed over the last few years that are starting to become highly collectible now ,The Vietnam War ,Rhodesian military uniforms and Items from the French conflict in indochina (Vietnam) I will enclose a photo of a uniform that I recently purchased and it was do to the fact that I had never seen another like it how collectible it is now I am unshur of but it caught my eye.

Regards Mark K
    Attached Images Attached Images

Veitnam war is becoming more popular i agree.... what interesting is Korean war has not really taken off. WW2 will always be on top in our life time.

?

In today's media driven society you might find that the collectables of the future are whatever is dictated by the film industry. As interest in WW2 wanes over time due to today's younger generation not having the time or inclination to study it, it might be Hollywood that decides the future of collecting.
    At the moment we're not spoilt for WW2 movies, if the trend changes and more films about Iraq/Afghanistan are made, do you think this will become a large collecting area?
    Not many people collect Korean conflict artifacts, there aren't many Korean war films, more people collect Vietnam items. Is it because there are more films set during that conflict?

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Very true and I agree. Adrian you also addressing a question that has been talked about on forums, which will WWII collecting still be as popular.... It been talked about enough already. Now let get back to main thread, I think Afghanistan will be in the future. Reason a lot of nations have had troops there.

I think WW1 and WW2 will be even more collectable in 20, 50, 100 years. With the run up to the 100th Anniversary of WW2 etc.

Those two conflicts will always dominate the collecting world IMO.

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

mabey afganistan will be the future collecting area, as said, Vietnam items er on now, but i think WW.II , german items will always be on top, becurse of the brutal history....
    -mabey som african conflicts will turn up to be a hot area.......

Quote by kozowy1967 View Post
    Datrus I collect a wide variety of military new and old alike and I have the same thoughts from time to time but I am content to collect what I like and there is much more I wish to add .I am shur though that as time passes many of the items from the police actions,conflicts and modern wars will become collectible in there own right and I would like to mention a few more that I have noticed over the last few years that are starting to become highly collectible now ,The Vietnam War ,Rhodesian military uniforms and Items from the French conflict in indochina (Vietnam) I will enclose a photo of a uniform that I recently purchased and it was do to the fact that I had never seen another like it how collectible it is now I am unshur of but it caught my eye.

Regards Mark K
    Hey Mark
    That looks to me like an East German Patt ( I know East Germany supplied arms and uniforms)
    I'm curious on this one

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast