Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

German Field Lamp

Article about: A friend gave this to me recently. He found it in a storage area at the place he works. His boss said to just toss it out with some other non-military "junk". I'm glad he remembere

Default German Field Lamp

A friend gave this to me recently. He found it in a storage area at the place he works. His boss said to just toss it out with some other non-military "junk". I'm glad he remembered my interest in this kind of thing as he saved it and gave it to me. From what I have been able to determine, it is a 1959 dated German Army field lamp. It's in great condition but the batteries are long gone. It appears someone purchased it for $21.30 at some point as that price, if that is what it is, is penciled in on the lid. I just thought I'd share this nice find with you guys. I welcome any feedback and would like to know just what it might be worth.
    field lamp 001.jpgfield lamp 002.jpgfield lamp 005.jpgfield lamp 003.jpgfield lamp 004.jpg

What makes you say it is German? Its Swedish. Its a Swedish light field lamp, used well into the 70's. Value is not very high, but still a funky piece to have.

Thanks for the info! I evidently don't know my Swedish from my German! LOL Yes, still a pretty neat piece to add to my collection. I wonder if I could find some batteries for it. I'd love to try it out.

I think 6 big 1.5 Varta's will do the trick.

Sounds feasible. I have a look around and see what I might be able to find. Thanks.