Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

German quality

Article about: One thing since browsing this forum and looking at all the genuine German third Reich items is the quality. I honestly don’t think that any other country went as far as the Germans did into

Default German quality

One thing since browsing this forum and looking at all the genuine German third Reich items is the quality.
    I honestly don’t think that any other country went as far as the Germans did into quality of their badges, daggers, rings etc.

You would think in war time you would do what needed to be done and forget the finer quality but not the Germans, everything is so detailed and built to last.

As much as i don’t agree with what the Germans did i really respect them for being so far ahead of their time in regards to rocket technology and how good their weapons were and right down to the fine items like badges, daggers, brooches, clothing....such quality.

Each time i see a dagger it blows my mind.
    To this day anything made in Germany is well known for such quality and engineering .

Just a quick question. Does the German army still do such good quality stuff like dress swords, daggers etc?

Default Re: German quality

Also i heard even there helmets were some of the best quality build in WW2

Default Re: German quality

Well from a cutlery stand point yes they do as some of those companies are producing quality cutlery.....Boker Wustoff..Henckels etc. Knives and swords are still being made but with just the word Solingen stamped on the ricasso...that I know of. I agree also that the Germans were ornate and well dressed. Everything was created and IMO a form of Art.
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill