Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

Getting money back from an überweisung(bank transfer)?

Article about: I bought a feldbluse from German Ebay in October and have yet to receive it. I've filed a notice for a reversal with my bank, and haven't heard back from them yet. I have this German guys ad

?

Default Getting money back from an überweisung(bank transfer)?

I bought a feldbluse from German Ebay in October and have yet to receive it. I've filed a notice for a reversal with my bank, and haven't heard back from them yet. I have this German guys address, phone number, email address and banking details. I've written to him a few times asking about the Feldbluse, with no response. Does anyone know of any recourse for this sort of situation?
    Thanks,
    Eddie

?

Default Re: Getting money back from an überweisung(bank transfer)?

That's a hard one mate....I was in a similar situation a coupla years ago......it's very hard to get your money back and not many avenues open.....the seller just ends up ignoring your emails, letters etc

The only thing I can think of to help is to see if there is a fair trading organization in the states, but usually their hands are tied due to it being an overseas transaction...

I ended up just chalking it up to experience

"notice for a reversal " isn't a option with european banks!
    Paypal is the only more or less secure way of paying, even within Europe!
    I never use a bank transfert if I don't know the chap.
    |<
    Always looking for Belgian Congo stuff!
    http://out-of-congo.eklablog.com/

cheers
    |<ris

?

Hmm, that is really unfortunate... I'm out about $350. Not a lot, but not "chump change" either. It was through German Ebay, so a lot of sellers don't have Paypal, and I'd had a few good experiences with using transfers right before this. I can see where this jerk lives via google maps too! I did a google search for him and found him on a list of known white supremacists, so doubly disappointing that my money went to someone like that... Thanks for the responses guys.

Try to find him on a (....probably German....) forum and approche him there.
    That is what I did once and it worked.
    Or try to find someone reliable in his neighbourhood; someone of the forum, someone you worked with before ...
    Good luck!
    |<
    Always looking for Belgian Congo stuff!
    http://out-of-congo.eklablog.com/

cheers
    |<ris

?

Really? Can you tell me the story about how this happened? Thanks Kris, it hurts to get cheated doesn't it?

This kind of thing makes you want to get on a plane, go over, knock on his door and give him a knuckle sandwich. I'm due for a vacation, lets go!