Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Ghosts of ww2!!!!!

Article about: I came across this site which some of you might find very interesting....Dutch historian Jo Hedwig Teeuwise uses photoshop tech to blend the present day and original ww2 photo's of the same

Default Re: Ghosts of ww2!!!!!

These are brilliant. I wonder if the people that own these buildings know of these pictures exist.
    Especially that one with the dead German on the stairs. If they were leading to my house i would think of it every time i came home, with respect obviously.
    Thanks for showing
    Rod

These are INCREDIBLE!

Here's some more of jo's amazing work!!!enjoy.....

Thanks for posting them, I hadn't seen these ones before. For those who like these, check out this link: Brilliant Time-Travel Photography of Europe’s World War Era by Sergey Larenkov

-Sergey Larenkov's works of the same nature- as far as I'm aware, he pioneered this technique. They've been posted on here before, but I'm sure not everyone has seen them. I find it's such a great way of reminding people this history isn't just stories, it actually happened.

Mat

Many thanks for the extra info Matcheers Jake....

Great photos! Doesn't everyone who's interested in the Past do this in their own heads in any case? I always have, I know. I look and think to myself "This is where this or that Happened. We or they were Right There!". Even the mundane and unimportant things that have occurred before within our own memories will always be recalled like this. I think it's fair to say that some of the most significant and interesting things and subjects almost always begin with the phrase "I remember..."
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

His pictures are better than my attempts, but I had the exact same idea when I was in Munich a few years ago and I took these.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by douglas2496; 09-25-2013 at 11:02 PM.

I found my old thread and have decided to make it an ongoing concern as and when I get new pics,gotta luv these images............Jake.

I Particularly like the one with the column of ghost prisoners being marked out of the ruins through the modern street!
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Very neat pictures! What is the website's name? Thanks for sharing with us!
    Thaddeus

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast