Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Global postage program!!!!!!

Article about: Hi i was curious as to wheather the "US"members on here have ever used the "import tax" method of shipping items out of the "US"via the "GLOBAL POSTAGE PRO

Default Global postage program!!!!!!

Hi i was curious as to wheather the "US"members on here have ever used the "import tax" method of shipping items out of the "US"via the "GLOBAL POSTAGE PROGRAM".I personally have purchased some items from the states over the last 3 years and this is the first time I have ever seen or been aware of this type of shipping.if you read the terms of conditions well im totally confused.com.why would or does a "US" seller choose this method of shipping?is there a point to useing it?also the "import tax"increases at an alarming rate as the ebay bids increase,,can someone please try and explain this whole system if possible to me and other members at WRF who maybe thinking of purchasing from the states for future referance.regards minnie.

Default Re: Global postage program!!!!!!

Never heard of it or used it, minnie.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

I hadn't either until last nite.the shipping plus the import tax is still less than the normal shipping quotes.but its the significent increase in the tax as the price of the item goes up on the bidding that worries me,talk about inflation.the ebay item doubled in bids but the tax increased by treble and so on,frightening way of shopping,hopefully someone might shed some light on this matter,regards minnie.

Moaning Minnie: Here is a link to the latest press release on the Global Postage Program, which is a pretty clear-cut explanation of how it works. New eBay Global Shipping Program from a Buyer's Perspective My take on it is that at the moment it's a Ebay created program for Ebay sellers, designed to save the sellers of the hassle of taking the package to the Post Office and doing the paperwork. If you buy something from any other US online seller, you apparently won't have to deal with GPP. But according to the press release, there are indications that changes are in the works to include all US sales to overseas buyers. I'm glad I don't have to deal with it. I have found that buying from any overseas seller, no matter where he is located, has become a very expensive proposition. And it looks like it's about to get worse. If you have a problem with the link, let me know and we will get it straightened out. Dwight