Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

A good day...... Finally!!!

Article about: Okay guys and gals, I'm gonna come out and say that the last few weeks for me have been, Bad, Creepy, Depressing, Frightening, Not up beat. Well the story is that I suffered my second heart

Default A good day...... Finally!!!

Okay guys and gals, I'm gonna come out and say that the last few weeks for me have been, Bad, Creepy, Depressing, Frightening, Not up beat. Well the story is that I suffered my second heart attack about three weeks ago. Yup Second (2) I'm 48 years old, had my first when I was 42. Heart problems run on both sides of my family so naturally I had to keep up the family tradition. Amazingly other than a bad ticker I'm in good shape. Believe it or not that's what one of the doctors told me. Well today I threw caution to the wind, I got up early had a healthy breakfast, with DeCaf Coffee.... Yuck. I loaded up my 1911a1 pistol and about 500 rounds and shot to my ill hearts content. Nice fairly warm day here in Albuquerque, The shooting was great, and with 500 rounds that old gem didn't even hiccup. I just got back to my place and I'm knee deep in cleaning solvent and gun oil, It's actually a nice enough day here to have my window open. I'm planning on cleaning this pistol, shooting the breeze on this excellent forum, and I might live dangeriously later and have another cup of DeCaf coffee, I always drink it out of my 1945 canteen cup. So there's the story folks for having a run of bad luck, today sure is a nice day. Be Safe all and God Bless you,

Pals
    Mike

Default Re: A good day...... Finally!!!

Mike,

Sounds like you have had a bum deal last month but look on the bright side, you can still go out and do the things that make you happy! It is remarkable what medical sience can do these days if you look after yourself. All the best.

Jock

Hi Mike,
    sorry to hear you have been bad mate, the second heart attack
    wow one would be enough for me. Take things easier for yourself
    i hope you do, and get well soon, i dont drink coffee but i bet that DeCaf tast like s--t, if you,er not used to it.
    Take care mike god bless.

dave.

Hi Mike, glad you have enjoyed yourself today.

We can all take good health for granted and don't appreciate being fit and well until something like that happens. Take it easy

Cheers, Ade.

Mike, take care of your health. It's can be bad enough if one parent has it in the genes but 2 ? Double trouble.

Take care! Ty

?

Hi Mike its a run of bad luck like that, that make the simple things in life that much better. I hope you have many more days with the 45. Gary

Mike, Sorry to hear about your run of bad luck, I had my run 12 yrs. ago, not the heart but the big "C". Healthy now but it made me appriciate every single day from then on. Don't waste time worrying about your mortality but wake up each and every morning and enjoy the days as they come. Oh, and listen to the doctors, they're a pain in the ass but sometimes they know just a little more than us mere mortals. Good Luck, John

?

I like N.M .,, I rode my brother in laws horse to the top of Sandia Mt.

Thanks Fellas, I guess the main thing is that a Colt made back in 1942 thumpped right through 500 rounds and didn't choke, although I wasn't expecting a choke. Oh for what's it worth, the Glocks did choke. Sorry it cracked me up but I'm old school. My biggest worry is that I'm really knee deep in paper towels, gun patches and solvent. I don't smoke anymore but I've got a St. Michael's Candle burning and I'm worried about a flash burn. I think the Colt is pretty clean right now but it takes "Three Days" of cleaning to get it right, I'm gonna try to finish the job.
    Colt 45,
    The Sandia's are just beautiful aren't they, For all my Brit friend's "Sandia" is Spanish for "melon" When the sun set's here in Albuquerque, the mountain turn a redish melon color, and somewhere along the line somebody thought it would be a good idea to call that big ass mountian the Sandia's, Gotta admit, sounds like a good idea to me. By the way, the Sandia's are covered in clouds right now, looks like snow up there.

Mike

Mike,

Take care of yourself friend. This is the way to live life, one day at a time, enjoy each day to the fullest and enjoy the simple things. None of know what tomorrow holds, young, old, healthy or sick. God Bless you.
    [B][COLOR=Black][SIZE=3][FONT=Book Antiqua][I] Steve[/I][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/B]

[CENTER][I][FONT=Georgia][COLOR=orange]Did you ever get the feeling that the world was a tuxedo and you were a pair of brown shoes?[/COLOR][/FONT]
    [/I][/CENTER]
    [B]
    [SIZE=3][COLOR=lemonchiffon][I][CENTER][FONT=Georgia]"Fly on dear boy, from this dark world of strife. On to the promised land to eternal life"[/FONT][/CENTER]
    [/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast