Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Gott mit uns

Article about: On the belt buckle of every german soldier as you know w as god with us.As most sides in war belived god was on their side,how many gods is there ?for me the amount of misery every day in ou

Default Gott mit uns

On the belt buckle of every german soldier as you know w as god with us.As most sides in war belived god was on their side,how many gods is there ?for me the amount of misery every day in our world easily shows to me there is no caring loving god.Tell it to the 20,000 inocent children who die every day of starvation that god loves them Humans they say can only deal with so much reality, and let denial look after the rest.As an indiviadual i owe it to my suffering fellow humans not to escape into this escapism and face the world with its cold reality.I find an honour in that.By the way you gott mit uns wearers ,you lost the war does that mean god wasnt on your side?

Default Re: Gott mit uns

Was it taken literally? I don't know, but I see you are in the USA, take some money out of your pocket and read the "In God We Trust" on it.

Does that mean that all Americans trust in God? Or that any strife the U.S. is in is because God isn't on your side?

Interesting philosophical debates could be had on this topic

Regards,

Spence

Im not neccasarilly in the usa!my mantr a is in some of my fellow men i trust.Im not out of touch with reality so much as i would say i trust in god.too much evidence to the contrary to his existance.IF A PERSON HAS SERIOUS HEART TROUBLE ,THEY CAN PRAY FOR YEARS TO AN UNSEEN GOD ,BUT THEY BETTER HOPE ONE OF THEIR FELLOW MEN IS CLOSE BY WHO IS A HEART DOCTOR.Understand it frustrates me seeing my fellow humans suffer and especially children and it anoys me that some people still peddle the belief in a caring loving god against the evidence.I owe my opinion tio the suffering.

?

Interesting .... How about this one ....

Were the SS Handzar issued with "Gott Mit Uns" buckles ???

Gary J.

Hi Gary, no, these were part of the SS, so they had the conventional SS issue belt buckle.

Hi Guys, if there is one thing which is devisive it is religion and politics. Please bear this in mind when starting these kind of threads. As a general rule they have no place on this forum.

Cheers, Ade.

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post

Hi Guys, if there is one thing which is devisive it is religion and politics. Please bear this in mind when starting these kind of threads. As a general rule they have no place on this forum.

Cheers, Ade.
    Have to agree with that statement

Regards,

Spence

?

I dont normally get involved in these sorts of "discussions", because they invariably end up as an us and them session. I am however reminded of something that my old regimental padre said to us when holding a "battlefield service".
    "And while I am standing here, saying that we have God on our side, my opposite number with their forces is saying exactly the same to his, so take your pick who is right and who is wrong!"

I should add that our padre at the time was 6ft plus tall, built like the proverbial brick outhouse and an Irish catholic, who called a spade a spade, didnt give a monkeys about how it was taken what he said and was not scared to get his hands dirty wielding a pick or a shovel with any of the lads or joining us in the mess for a pint or three!!

Hi,
    As Ade says this is no the place for this type of discussion, IMO
    Religion and Politics are like a powder keg. Some one lights the fuze and there is a big bang, Please done let this happen on this forum.
    dave.

panzer 3 you have good points,but as historians we cant excape world history.The men of ww2 died to protect us having free speech.Part of the uniform of soldiers stated the gott mit uns thing ,and many armies call on their god for protection ,so i thinkits a legitimate topic in that respect .my girlfriend is a christian ,and i respect here for her sincerity.If its deemed too hot a topic for the forum of discussion i will acept that.I THINK THE FORUM IS MORE INTERESTING IN TAHT WE SHOULD HAVE PEOPE WITH DIFFERING OPINIONS AND RESPECTING THEM FOR IT. sorry didnt mean to shout

As I said before, no religion or politics please.

Cheers, Ade.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast