Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

The Great Martian War 1913 - 1917

Article about: image.jpg Anyone else enjoy The Great Martian War 1913 - 1917? "...The Great Martian War 1913 - 1917 tells the imagined story of the catastrophic events and unimaginable horrors of 1913

Default The Great Martian War 1913 - 1917

image.jpg

Anyone else enjoy The Great Martian War 1913 - 1917?

"...The Great Martian War 1913 - 1917 tells the imagined story of the catastrophic events and unimaginable horrors of 1913-17, when Humankind was pitted against a savage Alien invasion.

The creative dramatisation combines period archive footage with state-of-the-art special effects and features moving interviews with aging veterans, who recount the devastation of Western Europe where a rag-tag alliance digs in against a hostile alien species."
    Attached Images Attached Images
    I collect, therefore I am.

Nothing in science can explain how consciousness arose from matter.

I think you should put a bullet in this thread !

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

When is the re run?....

Must be smoking some good shit man!
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

?

"No one would have believed in the last years of the nineteenth century that this world was being watched keenly and closely by intelligences greater than man’s and yet as mortal as his own; that as men busied themselves about their various concerns they were scrutnised and studied, perhaps almost as narrowly as a man with a microscope might scrutinise the transient creatures that swarm and multiply in a drop of water.”

?

Sounds abit like that...with a Richard Burtons voice!!!!..I'm kinder hoping this isn't real because I afford to start collecting Martian medals as well...?? Cheers Terry.

?

Burtons gravelly voice was perfect for the task.

?

I mentioned this show on another thread. in the Museum Sceens you can see WW1 Artifacts in the glass cases, most of those were mine. They rented the stuff from me for this TV Show. When I talked to the Buyer, he mentioned they used original period cameras for the Battle sceens they shot.
    Another show made in Toronto Ontario.

Dean O
    Ajax Canada

Never heard of the show, but this does look interesting.

I have always loved The War of the Worlds, both the actual novel by H.G. Wells as well as some of its adaptions and interpretations, including, of course, Jeff Wayne's musical version, but also Byron Haskin's - rather liberal - classic movie adapation from 1953.

By the way: Does the program have the Thunder Child? That has always been my favorite bit of the book and the musical version. I even have an artist's impression as my PC desktop background. It's this one: War of the Worlds - Thunder Child by czarnyrobert Vue Science Fiction. More of his work, including other WOTW related ones: Gallery

It was on the History channel on sky about a week back, so hopefully it will be aired elsewhere at some time in the future.

did anyone see it and was it any good?
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast