Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Great PBS show

Article about: Just wondering if anyone caught , Secrets of the Dead this week on PBS ? " Bugging Hitlers Soldier " it was a very interesting show about the British bugging of German prisoners of

CBH
    ?

Default Great PBS show Now with Link

Just wondering if anyone caught , Secrets of the Dead this week on PBS ? " Bugging Hitlers Soldier " it was a very interesting show about the British bugging of German prisoners of war . It was keep secret after the war and just got out recently when a researcher , was looking for information on U-boat Captains and received some of the files . Apparently there are 50 000 pages , in total ! It can be watched online and is well worth it .
    Cheers Chris
    Last edited by CBH; 05-03-2013 at 03:15 AM.

Default Re: Great PBS show

need a link chris.

CBH
    ?

Trying to paste , I think it worked Video: Bugging Hitler
    It's a great doc .
    Cheers

AIF
    ?

Awesome thanks mate! i will check it out

AIF
    ?

Just watched it, not bad at all the English accents used by the actors playing Germans got annoying after a while though LOL

There is an older documentary about the battle of Britain which is very similar to this except they have all the transcripts from the German pilots they had there. It was made in a very similar style as this one with actors as well, It was quite interesting too I can't remember the name off hand but I will see if I can find it if you like.

CBH
    ?

I really like it , showed where some very important Intel came from . Also the non-SS knowledge and some time part in the final solution . The accents were a little thick sometimes ! But glad you liked it .
    Cheers Chris

thanks chris.