Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 116 of 144 FirstFirst ... 16 66 106 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 126 ... LastLast
Results 1,151 to 1,160 of 1440

Guess the picture quiz!

Article about: The so called "V-3". Cheers, Ade.

Default Re: Guess the picture quiz!

Quote by davejb View Post
    Some of the amazing facts of their wartime service was that Richard Wattis was a member of S.O.E. in the arms division, he was a 2nd Lieutenant , Ian Carmichael was in the R.A.C, and took part in the Normandy landings in a Valentine tank as a 2nd Lieutenant and later promoted to Major, John Mills was in the Royal Engineers as a 2nd lieutenant but was medically discharged because of a stomach ulcer.Christopher Rhodes, who played Mc GILL,was actually a SIR and 3rd Baronet, he was in the ESSEX RGT and attained the rank of Lieutenant Colonel and was Awarded the Croix De guerre and I think the American Legion of Merit for his wartime services
    I didnt know that , cheers Dave

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

Quote by Thanatos View Post
    My Fav British war film would have to be "Ice cold in Alex".A real ripper IMO.Just love 1950,s British war films,The Cruel Sea,Dambusters,Their's is the glory,Bridge over the river Kwai,Reach for the Sky,Cockle Shell Hero's,The Desert Rats,The Purple Rain etc.A golden period for British Films.
    Who's up with the next pic?
    Cheers
    Dave
    Dave, Funny you should say that, because its mne also !!!! I intended to mention this the other night but i was overcome by Carbon Monoxide fumes !!! .............

Quote by Bond View Post
    Indeed, and I was Monty's double etc.... just so many. Ice cold in Alex as Dave Thanatos mentioned, an all time classic. The man that never was as Nick said, another classic and another great deception by the British.
    Actually, you probably already know, " The Man That Never Was ", he was a welch man ! Glyndwr Michael .......

Quote by Totenhead View Post
    Actually, you probably already know, " The Man That Never Was ", he was a welch man ! Glyndwr Michael .......
    Wonderful bit of British ingenuity and deception, organised by the same team that did I was Monty's double and of course, I knew he was Welch.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Quote by Bond View Post
    Wonderful bit of British ingenuity and deception, organised by the same team that did I was Monty's double and of course, I knew he was Welch.
    Somehow I knew you would Bond, thats being sincere, Yes indeed, British ingenuity, thats why i would rather not be any other nationality ( Welch 1st, British 2nd ), maybe not as ingenius as we used to be sadly.....

Bond, if you come across a 53rd Welch Division Blouse, pls let me know !

Quote by Totenhead View Post
    Somehow I knew you would Bond, thats being sincere, Yes indeed, British ingenuity, thats why i would rather not be any other nationality ( Welch 1st, British 2nd ), maybe not as ingenius as we used to be sadly.....

Bond, if you come across a 53rd Welch Division Blouse, pls let me know !
    Same for me, Welsh first, but ALWAYS happy to be British and proud of it.

If I see one I'll let you know.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Just a little kick start
    This classic 1946 British film has an interesting fact re the actors in it.
    stw0025[2].jpg
    What would that fact be?

Let's get it going again
    Cheers
    Dave

All of the actors portraying the paratroopers were actual Airborne soldiers who fought in the battle.

Also Brian Hurst the Director survived Gallipoli !

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

Gday Nick,
    Spot on mate,they were all Para's in operation Market Garden.
    I think this one is a rather special film for that reason.
    Didn't realise Hurst was a Gallipoli survivor,cool banana's
    Cheers mate
    Dave

What is this aircraft?

Nick
    Attached Images Attached Images