Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 42 of 144 FirstFirst ... 32 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 52 92 142 ... LastLast

Guess the picture quiz!

Article about: The so called "V-3". Cheers, Ade.

?

Default Re: Guess the picture quiz!

Hi Ben,
    You go again, I did cheat a little after I ran the cursor over the photo so it wouldn't be fair for me to claim that one. Interesting guy though, I can't believe it took so long for them to get recognition!

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Quote by Adrian View Post
    Hi Ben,
    You go again, I did cheat a little after I ran the cursor over the photo so it wouldn't be fair for me to claim that one. Interesting guy though, I can't believe it took so long for them to get recognition!
    Unfortunately it's very common to GI's to receive their medals decades after they earned them. Some even only got them recently!

?

Quote by ObKrieger View Post
    Unfortunately it's very common to GI's to receive their medals decades after they earned them. Some even only got them recently!
    But considering the action and the knock on effects of the platoons deeds, you would think that such a huge effort wouldn't take so long to be rewarded. Eighteen men against five hundred for ten hours? That's a pretty amazing feat and I'm glad I did cheat (although I choose to call it using ingenuity ) on the picture because if I didn't I wouldn't have learnt about it so thanks to Ben for posting!

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

I would recommend "The longest Winter" its about his IR platoon and is really good its a miracle that all 18 survived the war. Especially since one was shot many times in the chest, another recived a rifle grenade in the head breaking his jaw and forcing it into his upper mouth, and starvation, hypothermia and dehydration while being in prison camps for months. O and also for taking part in Task Force Baum being in combat after escape and being recaptured If any men deserve the medal of honor I belive these men got screwed. IMO

What is the story behind this card? What famous General implemented them, why? and what happened?
    I erased the name at the bottom of the card FYI

no answer this time.jpg

I will be sending the answer to Ade because I will be gone at a reenactment until sunday of the Italian front with Mo. -Ben

General Patton!

An interesting article: General Patton's Prayer at Bastogne

Can't sleep... Newville is exciting me too much.

HAHA sorry Ade Mo answered quickly. Ik what you mean about newville im going to bed now because I have a test in a few hours... Then a great weekend. Your turn again Mo see u soon btw

The 'Third Army' part gave it away.

A simple one for those who study a lot...

What unit do these men belong to and where did they fight?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Brazillian troops.

They fought in Italy.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    Brazillian troops.

They fought in Italy.
    Fast as per usual.

Not a lot of people know about these guys and their contribution to the war effort. Your turn!

Page 42 of 144 FirstFirst ... 32 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 52 92 142 ... LastLast