Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 69 of 144 FirstFirst ... 19 59 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 79 119 ... LastLast

Guess the picture quiz!

Article about: The so called "V-3". Cheers, Ade.

?

Default Re: Guess the picture quiz!

I know its not really my turn....and Ive posted this one from my collection, a while back in another thread....

Might be kinda easy, but What is the large item that the soldier holding??
    Attached Images Attached Images

?

Quote by HPL2008 View Post
    The highly decorated Wehrmacht tank officer is Hermann von Oppeln-Bronikowski. The SA member is Kronprinz Wilhelm von Preußen. The "Hussar" is his sister, Victoria Luise Prinzessin von Preussen, wearing the uniform of her 2. Leib-Husaren-Regiment.
    Chapeau!

Three out of three.

Over to you.

?

Quote by Bill T View Post
    I know its not really my turn....and Ive posted this one from my collection, a while back in another thread....

Might be kinda easy, but What is the large item that the soldier holding??
    That is the very obscure German weapon 'Die Ananas Granaten Werfer.'
    Multiple captured Allied 'pineapple grenades' were tied to a pole.
    The idea was to shove the pole into an enemy fortification through the slit observation holes in the concrete.
    It was a horrible fiasco, because as the soldier hurridly yanked the pin on grenade after grenade prior to deployment of the weapon, the following would happen; when the soldier yanked the pin on the last grenade at the bottom of the pole, the fuze would have run out on the first grenade, that he yanked the pin on at the top of the 'Granaten Werfer.'
    True story!

Quote by Scout View Post
    That is the very obscure German weapon 'Die Ananas Granaten Werfer.'
    Multiple captured Allied 'pineapple grenades' were tied to a pole.
    The idea was to shove the pole into an enemy fortification through the slit observation holes in the concrete.
    It was a horrible fiasco, because as the soldier hurridly yanked the pin on grenade after grenade prior to deployment of the weapon, the following would happen; when the soldier yanked the pin on the last grenade at the bottom of the pole, the fuze would have run out on the first grenade, that he yanked the pin on at the top of the 'Granaten Werfer.'
    True story!
    Damn, that could have been fixed by pulling strings through the pins and tying them all to one string, and when you would pull the one string, all the pins would be pulled. But I think they did not have time to think about that.

?

I dont doubt the truth of the story behind the Grenade pole, but I cant see how the soldier would even get half way down the pole, not with the fuze delay on pinapple grenades, it seems to me a very heath robinson contraption which was a suicide mission from the start

He does look to be saying " Why is it always my turn...." in the photo.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

?

HA HA, or " When the corporal said we had the Poles with us today , I thought he meant Foreign volunteers" !!!!!

Quote by Scout View Post
    Chapeau!

Three out of three.

Over to you.
    Alright, here goes. A model kit of a rather bizarre vehicle. Despite its almost "retro-sci-fi" look, this really existed. What is it and where can you see an original?

Vehicle.jpg

Its an Allkett VsKFz 617 !

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

Quote by Woolgar View Post
    Its an Allkett VsKFz 617 !

Nick
    And the Alkett VsKfz now resides in the Kubinka Museum outside Moscow
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Page 69 of 144 FirstFirst ... 19 59 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 79 119 ... LastLast