MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 75 of 144 FirstFirst ... 25 65 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 85 125 ... LastLast

Guess the picture quiz!

Article about: The so called "V-3". Cheers, Ade.

Default Re: Guess the picture quiz!

Quote by Thanatos View Post
    Europe Hehehehehe
    I will go the Ukraine as a total guess.Looks like a fine piece of Soviet/Russian architecture
    And you my friend are correct!!!

Will post an image straight after work today.
    cheers all
    Dave

Not to difficult I feel,
    Who is the RN Officer in the right of the period image? (the other photo was taken in 1982 I believe),what boat did he command? and who was the now somewhat famous Welshman she carried on a one way mission (for the passenger)?

2.jpg1.jpg

There are two big clues in wording of the questions.
    Best of luck

Lt. Bill Jewell and HMS Seraph. "Major Martin" was the passenger. Real name Glyndwr Michael.

For those who might have not guessed, read up on "OP Mincemeat" and of course you might recall the 1950's film "The Man who never was".

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

I have read the book Ade, very good tale.

Name this Soviet General. I don't think any clues will be needed?

Cheers, Ade.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    • File Type: jpg 1.jpg (21.4 KB, 68 views)
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

?

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    Lt. Bill Jewell and HMS Seraph. "Major Martin" was the passenger. Real name Glyndwr Michael.

For those who might have not guessed, read up on "OP Mincemeat" and of course you might recall the 1950's film "The Man who never was".

Cheers, Ade.
    Excellent film, which stuck pretty much to the story, except the Irish spy played by Stephen Boyd, that never happened, also the actual officer in charge of the operation played a part in the film, as an Admiral i believe, there is still some controversy that surrounds this operation in that it has been claimed that the body was a sailor killed on HMS DASHER and this was the body used and not Glyndwr Michael, also that his family were never informed of his final resting place or the reasons behind his disappearance

Hi Ade its Marshal of Soviet Union Kliment Efremovich Voroshilov

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

Kliment Voroshilov?

EDIT: Aww dang, I was late

Hi Nick, correct!

Cheers, Ade.

Page 75 of 144 FirstFirst ... 25 65 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 85 125 ... LastLast