Become our sponsor and display your banner here
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Hang out your washing

Article about: I'd just like to put my tuppence worth in.................. There seems to be things that upset people, and they feel that they should aire in public, which then starts a slanging match. I h

Default Re: Hang out your washing

Things like hi-fi's come back into fashion, not sure my mrs will. Save that one for Bedford Phil. Use it as a "smart bomb" or "hyperspace". Stewy S

Quote by JMB View Post
    I'd just like to put my tuppence worth in.................. There seems to be things that upset people, and they feel that they should aire in public, which then starts a slanging match.

I have been with several forums in the past, and to be honest most, if not all, are a waste of time, with individuals gunning and trying to increase their own reputation, 16 year olds commenting like they have been collecting for 40 years , and slanging matches going on all the time, however, when I found this forum, just by chance, I found it to be such a refreshing change, it seemed to be geared for the collector.

That is why I sponsor it.

There are superb moderators, and a wealth of knowledge among the members here, so lets not spoil it, and lets keep it all on track

That is what PM's are for
    John,

Spot on...

Mainly, Ade Stevenson usually takes care of and hoses down all the Kindergarten and horse-s**t type activity, before the lot of us, including myself, even view.

We do indeed have a great forum here. I do not think I will ever tire of emphasizing that.

Cheers,
    Richie

Fellow collectors are NOT adversaries to be bested...

☭ "Ричик, я не понимаю, почему, почему ты тратишь деньги на эти вещи!" ☭

Cheers Rich
    And I for one will support this forum, anyway I can,

Ein Volk Ein Reich Ein Forum....or something like that

?

Thanks John i think you echo the sentiments of many here , let's keep it going
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

hey, not all the 16 year olds act like they are experts! I'm here to learn and hopefully teach people what I know is solid information. Although I agree with what John said
    lets keep this place a good enviroment for all the existing and new members!
    Thanks

Danny

?

Quote by PHILBROWN View Post
    joke nick, smile mate,,,,, i said smile,,,,,, smile i said
    that was for i dident realize i could get so much for it

?

Exclamation Re: Hang out your washing

Also of note, is the forums zero tolerance policy towards spammers and advertisers !

Quote by PHILBROWN View Post
    i was going to comment on your exellent knowledge when you replied to another thread danny, but didnt want to sound condesending, as a young collector im impressed with your input ,,,,,
    PHILBROWN's Roofing Emporium ..
    Visit now for the best quote in town
    Roofs straightened ...
    Gutters polished .....
    Chimneys plastered ....
    You name it .. WE DO IT ...
    Free Green shield stamps with every order !
    ........ BOOK NOW ..........

(Wanted ! 2nd hand 78rpm gramaphones)

I recently left another WW2 forum after only a few weeks due to the extremely hateful people there. After I posted the story about how my great uncle was shot down and killed in 1944, most of the members of that forum basically called me a liar and tried digging into my story to try to find reasons to claim that my story was untrue. I found this incredibly sickening and a very disgraceful thing to do to the memory of my great uncle. They claimed that I made up the whole thing and that I "lifted" all of my information from the internet. No matter how much proof I provided them with, it was never enough and continued to call me a liar until I finally just left. I have not been back since. I have not seen any of that here which is one of the reasons I enjoy this site.

Quote by Joel109 View Post
    No matter how much proof I provided them with, it was never enough and continued to call me a liar until I finally just left.
    Hey Joel........I wouldn't have even tried to prove it, a man's word is his bond, until proven otherwise. I'd like to hear about that story. I went to the SOS a couple of years ago and met 2 pilots. one German, and a US fighter pilot. The US pilot shot down the German, got some lovely signed photos, the German was an RK winner, and he took a shine to my wife, so we sat down for an hour and chatted with both of them. It was a fantastic experience to just listen, 100% respect for those guys.I'm sure those that have been in "the thick of it" will understand where I'm coming from

And Danny. I certainly was not tarring everybody with the same brush mate. A few people might remember a couple years ago on another forum.........

I love it when the guys WITH the knowledge "chip in" too many to list individually, but I'm sure you all know who I mean. I don't know it all, I've made mistakes, expensive ones, so I'm learning all the time. If there is one area I feel comfortable with, its helmets, especially camo ones

Echo again..........great site, love it, and the members
    PS Dimas, I'm still looking for a thumbs up smiley

Here is my story:

http://warrelics.eu/forum/german-thi...story-you.html

I have received nothing but positive remarks from the members here.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast