Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Hanks and Spielberg Next WWII Project - Eighth Air Force Mini-series

Article about: Should be interesting. I was an army brat in Germany, we lived just down the road from Schweinfurt. In fact, my Junior High School was in Schweinfurt, down the road from Ledward barracks. Le

Default re: Hanks and Spielberg Next WWII Project - Eighth Air Force Mini-series

Quote by aj4010 View Post
    BoB was excellent.
    With The Pacific, I couldn't empathize with any of the characters. I couldn't really care less if they lived or died, and it was difficult to distinguish one from the other.
    I hope they can fix that in their next effort.

Best Regards,

Andy
    I had the very same feelings when I watched it

Default Re: Hanks and Spielberg Next WWII Project - Eighth Air Force Mini-series

I prefered The Pacific and the characters were much more believable than in BoB. Tom Hanks was wrong for the part, so was Vin Diesel

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

?

Default Re: Hanks and Spielberg Next WWII Project - Eighth Air Force Mini-series

Quote by Woolgar View Post
    I prefered The Pacific and the characters were much more believable than in BoB. Tom Hanks was wrong for the part, so was Vin Diesel

Nick
    Nick, I think you mean "Saving Private Ryan".
    Regards,
    John

Nick, are you drunk !!! lol

My honest opinion is that they should make one about a widely forgotten part of the war, north Africa and the Mediterranean campaign after all they have done the European campaign, the pacific and now the bomber campaign would it be too much to ask to honor the heroic men who fought to keep Hitler from getting the oil of Saudi Arabia and freed the people of Italy and southern France from their oppressors. Honestly if I knew how to get a hold of either Tom Hanks or Steven Speilberg I would, I would even help them to find a book to base it off of.

The Siege of Tobruk would be a favourite of mine, but alas i feel it would not appeal to the mainstream american audience after all, the US did win the war !!!! haha

joke guys !

Thanks John, yes I mean SPR. Of course the characters in BOB were superb

@ not drunk yet Totenhead , wont be long though mate! I have an evening off !!

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

Nick
    I'm about to crack open a cold beer, cheers Nick!...

Nick
    Go for it Nick !!! you deserve it !! must be a stressfull job !! Do you watch Faulty Towers???

Think i am going to sign off and watch Das Boot !!

they could apply operation torch (the US invasion of north Africa), operation husky (US led invasion of Sicily),operation shingle Us Landings at Anzio), operation dragoon (Landings in southern France where the us was involved) Salerno,Monte Cassino the list goes on

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast