Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Happy Thanks Giving

Article about: I know it's an American thiing, but to those of you who celebrate it, I wish you a great day filled with Good food, Friends and Family.

Default Happy Thanks Giving

I know it's an American thiing, but to those of you who celebrate it,
    I wish you a great day filled with Good food, Friends and Family.
    gregM
    Live to ride -- Ride to live

I was addicted to the "Hokey-Pokey" but I've turned
    myself around.

?

Had my typical Thanksgiving, ate to much and fell asleep in the recliner! Hope yours was as good Greg.

Thank you Greg!

Mart

?

I have to say that this thanksgiving I did my Turkey in my neighbors Pit. He has done it for as long as I have lived here ,but I always did it the old fashion way of cooking in an Oven. But this year since my Mulberry tree fell on my truck , My neighbor said he would take the wood to use in this years turkey pit cook. He said you want to try it. So I thought what the hell, its my wood, So I gave it a try. The turkeys were put in it own deer bag, It like a cheese cloth bag. Mine was a 22lb bird, with some thyme stuffed in the cavity. They were put in the Pit at 11:00 PM , They were taken out just shy of 12 hours later, You just pulled your bag out and took it home to serve.
    The pit is about 3 1/2' deep and was filled with my tree wood at about 8 pm and continued filling it until about 10:30, HUGE FIRE!!!We broke up the chucks to coal size and lowered the pots in, One pot held 5 turkeys ,the other held 4, for each turkey 5 cans of Chicken broth was poured over them , A steel lid was placed on top then It was covered with dirt and them wet down to make a thick mud to seal it up. The turkey was fall off the bone juicy deliciousness. The family loved it, So This is how I'm doing my turkey from now on. I might have to supply more wood , But this was a winner. Here is the pit and the pots.
    Pit1.jpgPit pots1.jpg

I just will add That I am very thankful for all of you and this site. We may live and entire continent or across the vast oceans , But I have made friends here that I am truly grateful for!!!

Semper Fi
    Phil

It must be an AZ thing. We had a pit bbq in our back yard as well.
    gregM

myself around.

?

Yeah everybody was saying "Hey since you have that Hole in your front lawn, You might think about a pit!!!! Yeah they were all drinking, I quit 17 month ago, So it was like dealing with your drunk friends all night!!! Kind of Fun!!!!

Semper Fi
    Phil

We had a good day. Went to my wife's brothers house.
    our three nieces and their kids were there. I'm not good
    with kids but this is the one day a year when that whole side
    of the family gets together.
    gregM

myself around.