Become our sponsor and display your banner here
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Has anyone dealt with Oakleaf Militaria?

Article about: Has anyone dealt with Oakleaf Militaria? are they reputable? Thanks in advance!!

Almost a year of debate, but as with many other members, i personally would not deal with them due to the huge mixed bag oakleaf presents.
    Morris

?

He's selling an AH 1933 pin, which would take only a five minute Google search (or a look at the pin plate) to immediately dismiss a poorly-made fantasy piece. Also, one of the Spangen listed on there looks like it might be a raptor fake. I don't know much about the other subjects, but based on what I've seen, I wouldn't buy from him, even if the item I wanted were genuine and even if I were confident that he would issue a refund if questioned, especially for the prices quoted. There are too many honest and thoughtful dealers around, in my opinion. As an inexperienced hobbyist, I offer my opinion based only upon what little I know and an appreciation of honesty in dealers that should know better.

When I buy something, I look at the seller and his service and his history of returns in the case of problems. I really don't give a corn cob if there are fakes abounding in their stock. If the item I am looking at is genuine and good priced, why would the next item on the list being bad make a matter? If, for example, a seller has 20 fake helmets and one Genuine double decal black SS for $500, I should avoid it out of principal? If my own knowledge and experience is So deficient and lacking that I have no clue as to what I am looking at or how to tell the difference, then why am I collecting at all? Would a person begin collecting super rare and valuable coins but not even know a slug of lead from a gold piece? Then why would they be any different in This hobby? I'm not falling in love and marrying the seller. If he has something I like, want and know is genuine at a great price, then I'll buy it. Satan himself could be sitting behind that table at a show, but if he's got a super good item at a super good price-then it'll be going home with me. Believe it or not, even schmucks like Charlie Snyder occasionally have the hidden jewel in their manure piles...
    Bottom line here is Know what you're collecting! If you Don't know and Really do still want it-Post it here for reviews before you go sink a chunk of your kid's college fund into an item. Then you'll know for sure one way or another. Eventually, you won't Need to post everything-you'll....Learn the Hobby. Research abit before you jump in with both feet and open bank book. You don't go into Any hobby naive and eyes closed and this hobby is no different. In business it's known as doing your demographics. You probably won't do well opening a sub shop in a small town in the countryside with a population of 75. And in a hobby like this where fakers are getting pretty damn good, you had Better know your onions or you'll almost certainly end up holding the bag with something inside that smells Really Bad...And then who's fault is it?
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

?

Quote by Wagriff View Post
    When I buy something, I look at the seller and his service and his history of returns in the case of problems. I really don't give a corn cob if there are fakes abounding in their stock. If the item I am looking at is genuine and good priced, why would the next item on the list being bad make a matter? If, for example, a seller has 20 fake helmets and one Genuine double decal black SS for $500, I should avoid it out of principal? If my own knowledge and experience is So deficient and lacking that I have no clue as to what I am looking at or how to tell the difference, then why am I collecting at all? Would a person begin collecting super rare and valuable coins but not even know a slug of lead from a gold piece? Then why would they be any different in This hobby? I'm not falling in love and marrying the seller. If he has something I like, want and know is genuine at a great price, then I'll buy it. Satan himself could be sitting behind that table at a show, but if he's got a super good item at a super good price-then it'll be going home with me. Believe it or not, even schmucks like Charlie Snyder occasionally have the hidden jewel in their manure piles...
    Bottom line here is Know what you're collecting! If you Don't know and Really do still want it-Post it here for reviews before you go sink a chunk of your kid's college fund into an item. Then you'll know for sure one way or another. Eventually, you won't Need to post everything-you'll....Learn the Hobby. Research abit before you jump in with both feet and open bank book. You don't go into Any hobby naive and eyes closed and this hobby is no different. In business it's known as doing your demographics. You probably won't do well opening a sub shop in a small town in the countryside with a population of 75. And in a hobby like this where fakers are getting pretty damn good, you had Better know your onions or you'll almost certainly end up holding the bag with something inside that smells Really Bad...And then who's fault is it?
    Very nicely put. My sentiments exactly.
    "You will get all the rest you need in the grave"

Hi everyone,

My dad and I are starting to collect cuff titles and are interested in a couple that are featured on Oakleaf: One is the Kurland cuff title, measuring 8 inches in length. The second is the SS 4th Polizei Panzer Grenadier Division. I wanted to be smart and post some pictures here before committing money to what may be fake. Any help or info would be extremely appreciated!4th SS Polizei Cuff Title.jpg4th RZM.jpg4th SS Polizei Cuff Title.jpgKurland cuff.jpgkurland cuff1.jpgkurlandcuff2.jpgkurlandcuff3.jpgkurlandcuff4.jpg

Both of the cufftitles are perfect originals. the Kurland will always be short as that is how they were made in the region.

Greg

?

Only ever purchased two items from Oakleaf. One Feldgendarmerie gorget and one Feldgendarmerie officer visor cap. Both were very fairly priced, delivered quickly and were 100% original.

If we refused to buy from every dealer who ever sold a fake there would be no one to buy from. I'm wth Wagriff on this one.

Quote by Redcap View Post
    Only ever purchased two items from Oakleaf. One Feldgendarmerie gorget and one Feldgendarmerie officer visor cap. Both were very fairly priced, delivered quickly and were 100% original.

If we refused to buy from every dealer who ever sold a fake there would be no one to buy from. I'm wth Wagriff on this one.
    Hey, I'm brand new here. Not a collector. I've just consigned a couple of rare flags, and various lesser items (armband, tinnies, clothe, medals, etc..) from Imperial and 3rd Reich. They are real, from my grandpa in WWII, an OSS Captain. I'm a history geek, WWII Europe, particularly German, I have more knowledge than most of battles, units, campaigns, insignia, uniforms, etc... than most "lay people". As far as I can tell, every "bigger" name dealer has pro's and con's on these various forums. I looked at a bunch, OakLeaf, Wittman, Ruptured Duck, etc... They all have lovers and haters. I know nothing about his pricing or anything else... But I'm close enough, I went and meet the guy, brought items with me, and talked with him. He was sincerely excited to see the stuff, especially some dopey Karl Marx lapel pin I had (and the Standarte...)...he's been very professional, promptly returned a list of estimated values and such. I buy and sell a lot of items on ebay (arts and crafts, gaming collectables, electronics, etc...). There's good and bad everywhere, I agree with Wagriff, it's a buyer beware world these days...

Just my thoughts...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234