Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Has anyone here seenthe movie Come and See?

Article about: I had long ago heard about it and long wanted to see it based on peoples opinions of it. Well, thanks to Netflix, I got it in and watched it and thought it was fairly well made-I enjoyed muc

Default Has anyone here seenthe movie Come and See?

I had long ago heard about it and long wanted to see it based on peoples opinions of it. Well, thanks to Netflix, I got it in and watched it and thought it was fairly well made-I enjoyed much of it but not some of the Soviet Propaganda parts of it.

Anyway, I would give his a 6-7 out of 10 w/ 10 being the highest.

Whats you opinion of this movie?

Default Re: Has anyone here seenthe movie Come and See?

I was very dissappointed in it. I had heard so much hype about it, I then found it a let down.

5 out of 10 for me.

Cheers, Ade.

Me too, acting was pretty bad,

One film i would recommend and that is......................
    STALINGRAD or
    Dogs do you want to live forever
    It was made in 1954, by the Germans, good acting, and location shots. BUT..............ALL the equipment, and uniforms ARE REAL

Its worth seeing I promise.

OKW
    ?

i think it gives an impression of what it would have been like to have been caught between the 2 ism's, fascism and communism, if you were a civilian. Damned if you co operated with the occupying forces and damned if you sided with the partisans. It also gave an impression of what the destruction of a village,aktion, must have been like. One of das reichs people said when questioned about the destruction of the french village, ord...something, by way of alibi "whats your problem we did that hundreds of times in Russland"

Quote by OKW View Post
    i think it gives an impression of what it would have been like to have been caught between the 2 ism's, fascism and communism, if you were a civilian. Damned if you co operated with the occupying forces and damned if you sided with the partisans. It also gave an impression of what the destruction of a village,aktion, must have been like. One of das reichs people said when questioned about the destruction of the french village, ord...something, by way of alibi "whats your problem we did that hundreds of times in Russland"
    You mean Oradour-sur-Glane (the french town).

Regards,

Gus

Thanks for your comments Gents. I too was disappointed in the results of the film. It's not one fo my collection and ill most likely never view it again.

Oh and, if you want another example of an excellent and classic war movie that has the ral items-uniforms, vehicles, bombed-out buildings and such--try watching a great gem of a movie called: Decision Before Dawn-which stars Richard Basehart as Lt. Rennick, O.E. Haase as Col von Oaker (SP?) Oscar Werner as LW Karl Maurer aka Happy, Hans-Christian Blech as Tiger, Wilfrid Seyffarth as the SS Corporal and Special Courier, and a few other recognizable "faces"like Til Kiwi (Unbilled) and Klaus Kinski (as the Whining Soldier) and Hildegard Neff (as the sympathetic bar girl)

This movie was filmed on location less than 5 years after the war-the real rubble was still everywhere as well as tons and tons of real German weapons uniform vehicles and bombed out buildings and such.

O and for another Classic with "the real stuff" in it-is an early movie with Robert Mitchum in it as an American Lieutenant who is followed arounf by famed War Correspondant Ernie Pyle-played by Burgess Meridith-called: The Story of GI Joe.

I to found this movie a bit of a let down after hearing it was so good , some scenes are well done , but over all i wish i hadnt bought it , 4 out of 10 .cheers Raymond

?

Quote by history-buff1944 View Post
    Oh and, if you want another example of an excellent and classic war movie that has the ral items-uniforms, vehicles, bombed-out buildings and such--try watching a great gem of a movie called: Decision Before Dawn-which stars Richard Basehart as Lt. Rennick, O.E. Haase as Col von Oaker (SP?) Oscar Werner as LW Karl Maurer aka Happy, Hans-Christian Blech as Tiger, Wilfrid Seyffarth as the SS Corporal and Special Courier, and a few other recognizable "faces"like Til Kiwi (Unbilled) and Klaus Kinski (as the Whining Soldier) and Hildegard Neff (as the sympathetic bar girl)

This movie was filmed on location less than 5 years after the war-the real rubble was still everywhere as well as tons and tons of real German weapons uniform vehicles and bombed out buildings and such.
    I couldn't agree more! I was going to suggest this movie but you beat me to it. I have only seen it once several years ago but it made quite an impression. I have not been able to find it on VHS or DVD but I have not looked in a few years. Maybe it is available now.

Best Regards,
    Mike

P.S. Thanks for all the reviews of "Come And See", I was going to buy it, but now I think I will pass.

Hi Mike, I have grea news for you about Decision Before Dawn. It is on DvD-at least in the USA and you can easily get a copy for about $10 over @ www.DeepDiscount.com - DVDs, Blu-ray, HD DVD, CDs, Books, Video Games and more - which is where I bought my copy as soon as it was released about 1-2 yrs ago. This is one of the cheaper priced sites with a good selection of movies I have ever been to-and I have been to a lot of sites in my time ;-))

Also glad we helped save you from wasting money on Come and See. I rented a copy of it from Netflix-which im glad I joined because I can watch these movies at my leisure and can judge without spending tons of money-which ones I will buy for my collection.

Take care and Cheers--HB-1944 aka Carl.

?

Quote by history-buff1944 View Post
    Hi Mike, I have grea news for you about Decision Before Dawn. It is on DvD-at least in the USA and you can easily get a copy for about $10 over @ www.DeepDiscount.com - DVDs, Blu-ray, HD DVD, CDs, Books, Video Games and more - which is where I bought my copy as soon as it was released about 1-2 yrs ago. This is one of the cheaper priced sites with a good selection of movies I have ever been to-and I have been to a lot of sites in my time ;-))Take care and Cheers--HB-1944 aka Carl.
    I checked out Deep Discount. They have Decision Before Dawn in a four-pack with Guadalcanal Diary, Halls of Montezuma and D-Day: The Sixth of June for only $10.94! What a bargain for four great movies! Plus, FREE SHIPPING!

Thanks for the info!

Best Regards,
    Mike

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast