Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

have you ever seen this i found them on a german book paper flags

Article about: DSC00079.jpgDSC00078.jpg

Default have you ever seen this i found them on a german book paper flags

new to me.

?

Looks like the kind the Germans handed out for parades.

If paper made typical parade party flag and pennet they were often strung on a string with half dozen or more these could have welcomed the Furher himself as he came down the street who knows. timothy

IMO...maybe parade handouts. It was much more inexpensive than to hand out smaller hand held flags.
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Hi, I would agree with the above members. Party Day, National Day, parade and rally souvenier flags etc. Had had some several years ago and wish that I had kept them. In fact I visited a Life Boat Station only this week and was given an RNLI paper flag as a souvenier of the visit.
    Cheers MR

I have also seen strings of these as bunting, cheap for all the parades etc they liked to indulge in.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

The paper Flag looks quite similar to mine,(sorry for bad pics).

Martin
    DSC01262.jpg

Under your last picture,the one that says "Canto De Guerra" Calais ? (can't make out the word) it says these are the words of the"Nazi war song" yes, they were usually strung as bunting for Nazi occasions.