Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Heading to London for the 1st time..any shops I should check out????

Article about: I may be heading to the UK for the 1st time...my Girlfriends company is sending her there for about 10 days next month and we are staying about 2 miles north of London Tower..as she will be

?

Default Heading to London for the 1st time..any shops I should check out????

I may be heading to the UK for the 1st time...my Girlfriends company is sending her there for about 10 days next month and we are staying about 2 miles north of London Tower..as she will be at work during the days of the week, I was wondering if anyone could tell me of some Military shops in the area..or boot sales, markets ect where I might find some Military goodies.
    Looking forward to seeing some of the Museums also..gotta hit the RAF Museum as there is a ME 109 ( called Black 6) that was shot down over Africa by her Great Uncle in 1942..and it is on display.

Any idea of things I should really see while there??

Thank you
    Dean

Default Re: Heading to London for the 1st time..any shops I should check out????

Hi Dean, sadly London has gone the way of most other big cities in the UK and militaria shops have virtually died out. High rents and the internet has killed them. All the famous ones have now closed down.

The museums are excellent though.

Cheers, Ade.

Default Re: Heading to London for the 1st time..any shops I should check out????

Iv been twice to london and couldnt find a single shop.
    I agree with Ade, museums are fantastic.
    Cheers.
    Nuno

?

On Saturdays, mornings normally, try to get to a place called Camden passage, its in Islington, there is a militaria market held there, theres also an arcade that sells all sorts of militaria, but the main market is underground just by the entrance to the top of the market, depending when your coming you may be lucky and catch a militaria fare, we have some going on at different times throughout the year