Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Hello! I got ripped off!

Article about: Hello, I'm new to the site and just started collecting. I am off to a horrific start. I was looking for German items and guess who's site I get directed to first. Mr. Charles Snyder. I got t

Quote by Scout View Post
    A sad start on collecting.
    I know, I'm almost ready to give up before I even started.

Quote by youthcollector1 View Post
    Ha!! Those "Jewish stars" are pitiful...not even close my friend. By the way, it's not a Jewish star but rather a Star of David.
    I believe it is not a Star of David either but rather the Magen David (shield of David).
    I collect, therefore I am.

Nothing in science can explain how consciousness arose from matter.

?

Quote by Scout View Post
    A sad start on collecting.
    But an improvement is on the horizon......

Quote by Jaysmark View Post
    I know, I'm almost ready to give up before I even started.
    Now you are here on the forum, you should not make the same mistake again.

Never buy anything you don't know anything about.

Always be sure of your source before parting with hard earned cash. A simple internet search would've told you everything you needed to know about Snyder before you ended up in this situation.

As a beginner, pick a field that interests you and learn it. Use the forum, the search feature and ask questions of the members.

Be quick to learn and slow to spend.

Always post potential purchases before you hand over the money.

Don't take any chances on a bargain or a deal too good to be true.

Buy pieces for what they are, not the story that accompanies them or the person selling.

Everyone drops a clunker occasionally, there isn't a collector here that hasn't bought a fake at some point in time. Use your mistake to learn from.

Listen to the advice of members here. There are some top notch people on this site and some who are arguably the world's best in their chosen field.

Don't get disheartened by one mistake, it's behind you now and there are only good collecting times ahead.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Quote by Jaysmark View Post
    I did 5 minutes of research and found 100 of complaints about this guy.
    I don't want to sound smug, but there's a lesson in that observation, and that lesson is that these 5 minutes would have been well invested prior to buying, when they would have saved hours and days of hassle.

Quote by StefanM View Post
    I believe it is not a Star of David either but rather the Magen David (shield of David).
    Only in Hebrew, not necessarily English. It is used in other religions and languages therefore it has several names which are correct..."Jewish star" not being one.

The Star of David, known in Hebrew as the Shield of David or Magen David (Hebrew מָגֵן דָּוִד; Biblical Hebrew Māḡēn Dāwīḏ [maːˈɣeːn daːˈwiːð], Tiberian [mɔˈɣen dɔˈvið], Modern Hebrew [maˈɡen daˈvid], Ashkenazi Hebrew and Yiddish Mogein Dovid [ˈmɔɡeɪn ˈdɔvid] or Mogen Dovid), is a generally recognized symbol of Jewish identity and Judaism.[1] Its shape is that of a hexagram, the compound of two equilateral triangles.

Quote by Adrian View Post
    But an improvement is on the horizon......

Now you are here on the forum, you should not make the same mistake again.

Never buy anything you don't know anything about.

Always be sure of your source before parting with hard earned cash. A simple internet search would've told you everything you needed to know about Snyder before you ended up in this situation.

As a beginner, pick a field that interests you and learn it. Use the forum, the search feature and ask questions of the members.

Be quick to learn and slow to spend.

Always post potential purchases before you hand over the money.

Don't take any chances on a bargain or a deal too good to be true.

Buy pieces for what they are, not the story that accompanies them or the person selling.

Everyone drops a clunker occasionally, there isn't a collector here that hasn't bought a fake at some point in time. Use your mistake to learn from.

Listen to the advice of members here. There are some top notch people on this site and some who are arguably the world's best in their chosen field.

Don't get disheartened by one mistake, it's behind you now and there are only good collecting times ahead.
    Thankyou for that sagacious advice, the forum's own Confucius of Somerset and Hampshire....
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Quote by youthcollector1 View Post
    Only in Hebrew, not necessarily English. It is used in other religions and languages therefore it has several names which are correct..."Jewish star" not being one.

The Star of David, known in Hebrew as the Shield of David or Magen David (Hebrew מָגֵן דָּוִד; Biblical Hebrew Māḡēn Dāwīḏ [maːˈɣeːn daːˈwiːð], Tiberian [mɔˈɣen dɔˈvið], Modern Hebrew [maˈɡen daˈvid], Ashkenazi Hebrew and Yiddish Mogein Dovid [ˈmɔɡeɪn ˈdɔvid] or Mogen Dovid), is a generally recognized symbol of Jewish identity and Judaism.[1] Its shape is that of a hexagram, the compound of two equilateral triangles.
    As the context is the Jewish symbol then the Hebrew "magen David" or "Mogein Dovid" is the correct term, the "Star of David" is the term English speakers use incorrectly to describe this Jewish symbol.
    I collect, therefore I am.

Nothing in science can explain how consciousness arose from matter.

Quote by StefanM View Post
    As the context is the Jewish symbol then the Hebrew "magen David" or "Mogein Dovid" is the correct term, the "Star of David" is the term English speakers use incorrectly to describe this Jewish symbol.
    Ok.

Quote by big ned View Post
    Thankyou for that sagacious advice, the forum's own Confucius of Somerset and Hampshire....
    Adrian's post would work well as the lyrics for the collectors' version of the Sunscreen Song. (Does anybody else remember that one?)

?

Quote by big ned View Post
    Confucius of Somerset
    I think you mean 'Confusing of Somerset'........?

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast