Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Hello! I got ripped off!

Article about: Hello, I'm new to the site and just started collecting. I am off to a horrific start. I was looking for German items and guess who's site I get directed to first. Mr. Charles Snyder. I got t

Quote by HPL2008 View Post
    Adrian's post would work well as the lyrics for the collectors' version of the Sunscreen Song. (Does anybody else remember that one?)
    I hear ya brother. In a similar vein I can just see him doing this....He even looks a bit like him,....only with less hair.

'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Believe it or not he does have one or two real items for every 100 fakes and off the wall junk he peddles, I looked closely at alot of his stuff at a show once, you just have to know what your looking for and as always its buyer beware! There is no lemon law for TR stuff, although it would be a good idea lol

?

Adrian's post would work well as the lyrics for the collectors' version of the Sunscreen Song. (Does anybody else remember that one?)
    Indeed it would and indeed I do.

Baz Luhrman - 'Everybody's Free To Wear Sunscreen.'

A great 'song.'

?

I'm not sure about the other categories, but about half of the small badges on Snyder's website appear genuine. The ones that are real, though, are comically overpriced in most cases.

I don't want to sound smug, but there's a lesson in that observation, and that lesson is that these 5 minutes would have been well invested prior to buying, when they would have saved hours and days of hassle.
    It kind of does sound smug. It never occurred to me that someone could stay in business for this long and be this deplorable. Like I mentioned, he has a picture sitting next to Speer, a book that shows a lot of the items he's selling . . . things actually labeled replicas. There wasn't a single red flag. Not to mention when starting to look for these types of items, all one finds are a huge maze of sellers who are terrible web designers. I looked for a forum and got booted by U S militaria because they only discuss American. I asked him a million questions. His lies Where are all the judge mental forum stars when this guy is literally shitting all over your hobby? Everyone just blows him off as a used car salesman. Even a lemon is still a real car. One doesn't expect someone this awful. Hitler selling Hitler.

Quote by Jaysmark View Post
    It kind of does sound smug. It never occurred to me that someone could stay in business for this long and be this deplorable. Like I mentioned, he has a picture sitting next to Speer, a book that shows a lot of the items he's selling . . . things actually labeled replicas. There wasn't a single red flag. Not to mention when starting to look for these types of items, all one finds are a huge maze of sellers who are terrible web designers. I looked for a forum and got booted by U S militaria because they only discuss American. I asked him a million questions. His lies Where are all the judge mental forum stars when this guy is literally shitting all over your hobby? Everyone just blows him off as a used car salesman. Even a lemon is still a real car. One doesn't expect someone this awful. Hitler selling Hitler.

Google "Snyder's Treasures" and see what it returns. Half are direct links to his website and the other half are various forums (this one included) discussing the authenticity of his listings.

People don't blow him off as a used car salesman. They don't patronize him because he's a con artist. Of which you will find a few. With enough research, and politeness on here, you'll also find out quite a few who are very reputable.

?

Well, no one would buy a used car without doing research or asking for help, and the same should go for any antique or collectible item, as just about everything of value has been faked at one point or another. Caution is especially required when a lot of money is involved. Getting taken for $50 is an annoyance, but $800 is a lot to spend without doing research.

Got it, got it. Lesson learned.

Jaysmark,Their have been a number of posts about the scumbag dealers of which Snyder is the head scumbag!!Do yourself a favor don't let this piece of dung kill off your buying German regalia.Post the names of who you want to deal with and photos,photos always photos.If the dealer will not let you have photos to post here on the forum tell him take a long walk off a short pier or words to that effect.We have very knowledgable staff and collectors here and they will set you straight unlike other nameless forums who don't give a crap.We are not trying to bust your chops but we are angry that scum face Charlie screwed you.

Quote by goodbuys View Post
    Jaysmark,Their have been a number of posts about the scumbag dealers of which Snyder is the head scumbag!!Do yourself a favor don't let this piece of dung kill off your buying German regalia.Post the names of who you want to deal with and photos,photos always photos.If the dealer will not let you have photos to post here on the forum tell him take a long walk off a short pier or words to that effect.We have very knowledgable staff and collectors here and they will set you straight unlike other nameless forums who don't give a crap.We are not trying to bust your chops but we are angry that scum face Charlie screwed you.
    Hopefully he just refunds my money so I can turn it over to a real dealer. I will definitely post all prospective buys on this forum from now one. Thanks everyone for the help.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast