Become our sponsor and display your banner here

Helmet Stand

Article about: Hey guys, i'm a new helmet collector and i was wondering if you guys can post some pictures of the helmet stands you use. I can't find any helmet stands, foam heads for at the shops, so i'm

Default Helmet Stand

Hey guys, i'm a new helmet collector and i was wondering if you guys can post some pictures of the helmet stands you use. I can't find any helmet stands, foam heads for at the shops, so i'm thinking of making my own in school, hope it's not a big ask for you guys

Default Re: Helmet Stand

Hi, I just use a simple piece of square wood then a round stick thats drilled, then screwed in.
    Attached Images Attached Images

anything can be used.
    I even had a nice wine or champagne glass on a feet that did come handy for a nice display.
    Here are some examples I am using right now.
    First one is a old hat stand as you can find some times on a flea market.
    Second one is a old spinning wheel I have took apart and mounted on a granite rock.
    A old candle stick can come easy as well.
    Or a ordinary piece of metal, round or square, that could be welded to a feet and even decorated or provided with something so other things like medals or gun can be presented as well. I am working on such a idea at the moment.
    Always looking for Belgian Congo stuff!
    cheers
    |<ris

?

for helmets and for gas masks alike i use human shaped skull (normal size) made from plaster. but as said above, you can use anything you like...

or you can use theotherhomer's dos seen in a picture above )

Hey Mate! you can always improvise ...........and maybe come up with something new ! thats what makes the world so great!

necessity is the mother of invention!

Cheers

J

In fact i was using the tops of old combat boots for a while

If it looks good to you than thats what matters

Hi,
    I use german stick grnds that i make out of resin then age them as relic as i think they look better that way, they take all type,s of helmet so sometimes keep me busy.

dave.

carlarganda, I use shell cases, I find 77mm WW1 German not only a perfect fit but they compliment my collection of Imperial German militaria perfectly !....
    "The German Army is the perfectly adapted, perfectly running Machine. The difference is that the Germans are organised with a view to War...with the cold, hard, practical and business-like purpose of winning victories."
    G.W. Steevens - The Daily Mail (1897)