Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Helmet stands - How are you displaying your helmets?

Article about: Hi all, I wanted to get an idea of what others are doing to display their helmets. Originally, mine just sat on shelves and it really did not do them justice. I was looking into getting mann

Default Helmet stands - How are you displaying your helmets?

Hi all,

I wanted to get an idea of what others are doing to display their helmets.

Originally, mine just sat on shelves and it really did not do them justice. I was looking into getting mannequin heads, but sometimes these can also look a bit stupid (depending on the style of head and its size). I built a test stand out of copper piping that (if I say so myself) shows off the helmet rather well while looking nice. I am going to a hardware store this weekend to get more joints and pipe lengths to make stands for all my helmets (A small collection of only 4).

Cheers!

I use civilian gas mask canisters for mine. It's a handy way of displaying them, and keeps to the theme without having to introduce any modern acrylic stands.

IMG_1577[1].jpgIMG_1578[1].jpg

Regards, B.B.

Glass heads work well for a generic look but they can be a bit too high for shelving
    Last edited by reneblacky; 05-23-2019 at 11:22 AM. Reason: added pic

Very nice! I don't have any gasmask containers, but if I had more cannon shells I could do something similar...

Quote by Dopplegarp View Post
    Very nice! I don't have any gasmask containers, but if I had more cannon shells I could do something similar...
    Large shell casings work just as well, and they're relatively inexpensive. Just make sure you lay something across the top, like a folded cloth. Otherwise the edge of the casing might cut into the liner over time.

B.B.

old footballs work cut in half!

?

There is a thread on making your own inexpensively on GHW.

Sorry, you do not have permission for that!

After a while, you may come to the realization that stands take up too much room, dependent on space available and number of helmets you acquire.

Quote by relicz View Post
    There is a thread on making your own inexpensively on GHW.

Sorry, you do not have permission for that!

After a while, you may come to the realization that stands take up too much room, dependent on space available and number of helmets you acquire.
    Why do you post this link here!?! I'm a member of GHW and it won't allow me in!

Picture of the stand I made with a helmet on it.

Stand small.jpg

MAP
    ?

All good options.

Although I'm not a fan of putting any stress on the leather.

I use upright paper towel holder and add a stick on pad at the top. (Doesn't really work on British Brodie style helmets)

Lately I've also been using Scotch and Bourbon bottles (after I finish them). The different heights of them make for an interesting display
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast