Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Help with identifying Awards

Article about: Sorry for the bad quality of the pics. Konteradmirals Otto Klüber (portrait) and Waldemar Kober (standing on the photo). They both recieved the Spainenkreuz, but I don't know the Class? Klüb

Default Help with identifying Awards

Sorry for the bad quality of the pics.

Konteradmirals Otto Klüber (portrait) and Waldemar Kober (standing on the photo).

They both recieved the Spainenkreuz, but I don't know the Class?
    Klüber perhaps the Spanienkreuz in Silber mit Schwertern?
    Kober also? Although he was the Chief Engineer on the Cruiser ‘Nürnberg’, so perhaps ohne Schwertern?

Also, 2 unknown Awards below their Iron Crosses 1st Class? Klüber's is unfortunately covered by his hand...

Thanks.

MAP
    ?

Welcome to the forum.

Could it be an SA Treffen Braunschweig rally badge under the EK?

But that doesn't seem to make sense..but looks similar.

SA Treffen Braunschweig 1931 rally badge
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Quote by MAP View Post
    Welcome to the forum.

Could it be an SA Treffen Braunschweig rally badge under the EK?

But that doesn't seem to make sense..but looks similar.

SA Treffen Braunschweig 1931 rally badge

Michael that's exactly what I thought but wasn't sure if that made sense. It sure looks like it to me. For the other award possibly one of these variants? Also check enclosed attachment to germandaggers.com award gallery.

Brian

Awards GuideScreenshot_20171031-161757.jpg

MAP
    ?

I was thinking the order of the Eagle as well but thought these were diplomatic in nature and mostly for foreigners and citizens. But don't know enough about the award or this admiral.

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

For Klüber I think it is the Spanienkreuz in Silber mit Schwertern (by looking at it's colour, it seems quite bright, unlike the Spanienkreuz in Bronze). I could be wrong though.

Kober's is for sure a Spanienkreuz because he was the Chief Engineer on the Cruiser ‘Nürnberg’. The quality of his photo is very bad but it looks like also Spanienkreuz in Silber mit Schwertern.

The award below Klüber's EK I could be the High Seas Fleet Badge (he meets the criteria: "12 weeks service on a battleship or cruiser"- he was the Commandant of the Cruiser ‘Nürnberg’ (24 Nov 1938-07 Aug 1940)).

The only mistery is the award below Kober's EK I, but the photo quality is really bad. His could also be the High Seas Fleet Badge, because although the award was instituted in April 1941, it could be awarded for actions that took place prior to this date. (i.e. his time as Chief Engineer on the Nürnberg).

Quote by MAP View Post
    I was thinking the order of the Eagle as well but thought these were diplomatic in nature and mostly for foreigners and citizens. But don't know enough about the award or this admiral.
    They were exclusively for foreigners.

(The sole exceptions were the Reichs Foreign Minister and the Reichsprotektor in Bohemia and Moravia who wore the Golden Grand Cross for appropriate special occasions.)

MAP
    ?

Sorry KM. I was only looking at the first photo.

For the second photo, yes it could well be a High Sea's Fleet Badge. But...it does appear to be more like a mine sweeper badge to me. Due to the bright silver middle.

For the first photo, the award under the EK could be a KM award and would make sense but will still very blury, the Adler appears to have pointy tips on the wings.

What about the Spanienkreuzes?

MAP
    ?

Bottom photo looks silver. Top photo I can't tell. But even with the the first it is just a guess.