Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

HELP !!looking for vet's phone number

Article about: Hello boys! You know that i am a gooooood boy...... http://www.warrelics.eu/forum/discus...letter-158548/ I need the help of the American members here to find a phone number,or at least an a

Default HELP !!looking for vet's phone number

Hello boys!
    You know that i am a gooooood boy......
    When you receive this kinda letter...
    I need the help of the American members here to find a phone number,or at least an adress.It is quite difficult for us to find for free a phone number in the States,so it's why i would like you to track:
    Mr Billy E Knowles,born 1925 in Lauderdale county,MS,enlisted in Middlesborro Kentucky,
    I believe ,if he's still alive,that he could live in Greenville,MS...

I think we have something that belonged to him....

This time,i'd like to do it without the US Embassy,June the 6th is approaching ,ibelieve they will have better to do...
    I think we have something that belonged to him....
    Thank you!

Default Re: HELP !!looking for vet's phone number

I'm on it... let's see what I can find!

I found a listing for a Billy Earl Knowles in Greenville, MS who is 86yrs old... it wants me to pay for more info...

Next of kin are: Ethel N Knowles, Mandy Elizabeth Jones, Sherry L Knowles...

Hi Seb,

I sent you the contact info for who I think is the vet's wife... hopefully not widow...

If it would be easier, perhaps I could help by contacting her?

Dear Gizmo,thanks for the help!!I've read your PM
    It appears that,if i understood correctly,Billy E Knowles died in 2003,and Ethel is his widow,if i'm correct,but i'm french,so......
    If you are to contact her,the only real personal and private souvenir she could find to confirm he was the right man,could be the description of the shape of his chain bracelet,not really common,imo...
    I copy you the link to MR Knowles's datas at NARA..
    NARA - AAD - Display Full Records - Electronic Army Serial Number Merged File, ca. 1938 - 1946 (Enlistment Records)

Hi Seb,

Please, call me Joe!

I am not quite following you... I would be glad to contact her, but I am not sure exactly what you want me to say to her. What did you find that you are trying to return to her, and where did you find it?

Dear Joe,really srry but a couple of minutes after my last mail,i was evacuated from my business office because of a flamable gas conduct broken in my street,real!!!Lot of policemen,firefighters...No hal-Khaida related...
    I will only be able to post a pic of the relic we found tomorrow cause i have no internet at home......Pityful french geek...
    Thanks again Joe!

?

Wow... if you could give the widow and family his bracelet... that would be something... please keep us posted!!!!

Here is what I have found and his son had the same name I think this is your man.

GREENVILLE - Graveside services for Billy E. Knowles, 79, of Greenville, a retired U.S. Army Corps of Engineers employee, will be at 4 p.m. today in Greenlawn Memorial Gardens, Greenville. He died Sept., 23, 2005, at his home. Burial will be under the direction of Boone-Wells Funeral Home, Greenville.
    He was a lifelong resident of Greenville, where he attended the Greenville Public Schools. He was an Army veteran of World War II, serving from 1943 to 1947. He was employed with the Corps of Engineers, retiring after 26 years as supervisor of riverbank grading. He was a member of Gamari Road Baptist Church.
    He was preceded in death by his son, Billy Earl Knowles, and a daughter, Pamela Marie Dacanto.
    Survivors include his wife of 56 years, Ethel M. Knowles of Greenville; a daughter, Virginia Elizabeth (Steve) Rodgers of Greenville; five grandchildren, Sherry (Mike) Townsend, Selina Warner, Mandy (Jason) Beckum, Brooke (Brian) Marcum and Trey Rodgers; and five great-grandchildren, Hunter Warner, Matthew Townsend, Peyton Jones Beckum, Seth Warner and Samantha Townsend.
    The family will receive friends today from 2:30 to 3:30 at Boone-Wells Funeral Home, Greenville.
    McMullen
    [h=3]e plu·ri·bus u·num[/h]

Quote by Eric Zentner View Post
    Here is what I have found and his son had the same name I think this is your man.

GREENVILLE - Graveside services for Billy E. Knowles, 79, of Greenville, a retired U.S. Army Corps of Engineers employee, will be at 4 p.m. today in Greenlawn Memorial Gardens, Greenville. He died Sept., 23, 2005, at his home. Burial will be under the direction of Boone-Wells Funeral Home, Greenville.
    He was a lifelong resident of Greenville, where he attended the Greenville Public Schools. He was an Army veteran of World War II, serving from 1943 to 1947. He was employed with the Corps of Engineers, retiring after 26 years as supervisor of riverbank grading. He was a member of Gamari Road Baptist Church.
    He was preceded in death by his son, Billy Earl Knowles, and a daughter, Pamela Marie Dacanto.
    Survivors include his wife of 56 years, Ethel M. Knowles of Greenville; a daughter, Virginia Elizabeth (Steve) Rodgers of Greenville; five grandchildren, Sherry (Mike) Townsend, Selina Warner, Mandy (Jason) Beckum, Brooke (Brian) Marcum and Trey Rodgers; and five great-grandchildren, Hunter Warner, Matthew Townsend, Peyton Jones Beckum, Seth Warner and Samantha Townsend.
    The family will receive friends today from 2:30 to 3:30 at Boone-Wells Funeral Home, Greenville.
    McMullen
    Nice bit of digging, Eric! Looks like I nailed it with his widow. I think this is all pretty exciting! Glad I can help do the right thing.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast