Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

help a noob

Article about: hi im new to militaria collecting im 22 from the uk ive always loved ww2 and history, i love the films docs every thing to do with it it just amazing i love it some times i feel like i shoul

Smile help a noob

hi im new to militaria collecting
    im 22 from the uk
    ive always loved ww2 and history, i love the films docs
    every thing to do with it it just amazing i love it
    some times i feel like i should of been born in that time
    all my friends are not intrested in this sort of stuff
    there are so many diffrent sites selling stuff just dont know where to start
    (dont want to get scamed)
    im really intrested in german ww2 stuff
    i want a iron cross , and was thinking some coins
    how do i know thay are real? do thay have markings on them? i need to look out for
    can you guys help me get started?
    been on Craig Gottlieb Militaria hes stuff is very exspencive
    im just a little lost
    been on the net for nerly a week now looking

Default Re: help a noob

Welcome to the Forum and collecting. I would suggest using the search funtion to find and study original examples. It is also important to know who the "good guys" in the hobby are. May I also suggest "The Ruptured Duck" owned by Bill Shea and "The Collectors Guild." Both are reputable dealers who will not take advantage of a new collector. You will pay a premium for their services. However, they will sell you the real deal.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

?

Hello

Welcome to the hobby ! I understand the stuff as far as friends are concerned ! I think a good start is to do lots of resertch and get some reference book then have a look what's around to gage the prices of items I know its hard to take the time to do the resertch as you just want to buy stuff but it will pay off...

Kind regards
    Alex

?

Welcome to WRF , Remember there are very few bargains to be had in the Militaria world , the old adage applies if it looks to good to be true , it is !!!

Trawl the threads here and build up your experience , then buy from a reputable dealer as Bob has suggested , take your time and don't rush in,

regards

Paul
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

Quote by BOB COLEMAN View Post
    Welcome to the Forum and collecting. I would suggest using the search funtion to find and study original examples. It is also important to know who the "good guys" in the hobby are. May I also suggest "The Ruptured Duck" owned by Bill Shea and "The Collectors Guild." Both are reputable dealers who will not take advantage of a new collector. You will pay a premium for their services. However, they will sell you the real deal.
    yeah just been on both sites WOW! thay have so much stock just what I've been looking for thank you so much
    i feel confident buying from them both
    i want to get a good colletion together

?

Welcome to the forum!
    Don't be afraid to ask ask ask! Don't part with any cash unless you know what you're buying, post any potential purchases before you spend and get opinions form the guys here. There are many good dealers, many bad so ask opinions on your sources first or just ask who is recommended.
    There is a search facility here on the forum which you will be well advised to take advantage of for research.
    Enjoy your time here!

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Quote by banksy View Post
    Hello

Welcome to the hobby ! I understand the stuff as far as friends are concerned ! I think a good start is to do lots of resertch and get some reference book then have a look what's around to gage the prices of items I know its hard to take the time to do the resertch as you just want to buy stuff but it will pay off...

Kind regards
    Alex
    i seen some books on amazon
    i take it this is the site to be on thanks for helping me

Welcome to the forum

Some excellent answers above.

Alternatively you could always do what I do and go and dig up your own relics, that way you don't need to worry if they're fakes or not. Plus you get the thrill of discovering something that has been buried for more than 60 years

Steve T

?

or you could look and see what is for sale on the collectors market right here in WRF! Collector's Market- German Third Reich militaria for Sale at War relics forum

Welcome to the forum! You will like it here, for sure!!!
    Nice to hear you're interested in EK's.

Regards

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast