Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

help for pricing possible sale items

Article about: Hi guys I am thinking of selling a few of the items i have collected over the years and was wondering if anyone could help me put a rough price on the below items and if anyone has any inter

?

Default help for pricing possible sale items

Hi guys

I am thinking of selling a few of the items i have collected over the years and was wondering if anyone could help me put a rough price on the below items and if anyone has any interest that would be great

thanks

Jim

No liner and i believe the emblem is wrong, but M42 shell

good liner , good shell, not sure what helmet it is though (was a gift)

Telephone set H MKIII

was told it is in working order and judging by the condition it should be

WW1 dated

not sure what this is/dated

any help is appreciated

Default Re: help for pricing possible sale items

I am by no means an expert... and can't really help too much with pricing. I'm assuming the decal on the M42 is bogus considering it's an early style decal on a late war helmet. That just doesn't add up... so chances are the decal is bad. I think you could good perhaps $75 +/- for the m42 shell. Perhaps more based on the condition of the shell and it's size. Decal doesn't do anything to raise the value in my honest opinion... but I could be wrong.

The other helmet appears to be a British MKII.

Can you tell us any markings/ stampings on the m42 shell or British helmet?

The stampings on the M42 should be on the rear part of the skirt, and just above the ear on the skirt.

There should be markings on the black liner of the British helmet as well.... you may have to move things out of the way inside there to see any.

GOOD LUCK SELLING!

?

i will have a look at the weekend if i can, i thought the decal was wrong but it was bought as a gift when i was a kid so i never knew any different

Quote by Gouldy View Post
    i will have a look at the weekend if i can, i thought the decal was wrong but it was bought as a gift when i was a kid so i never knew any different
    That's the problem with people gifting you stuff... In general you really appreciate their generosity, but unless they know what they're doing and are collectors themselves, they run a high risk of paying too much and giving you a fake!

I may be interested in the M42 shell if you want to strike a deal!

Can more information be provided on the telephone?

?

what kind of information do you need? i will look over the weekend and take some proper pictures of the above items

regards

Jim

Jim, Don't really need any additional info, just some good photos (if you are interested in selling) These are the kinds of thinks my kid loves and would look great with his display. We've got a couple of US field phones, this Brit/CA phone would fit right in. If you'd rather email photos, let me know and I'll shoot you over my email address.

Thanks,

Russ

?

no worries i am easy either way , i dont really know alot about the radio tbh, i thought it was american lol

?

please see below pictures of items as requested, thanks for all the info

Pictures by civicjimUK - Photobucket
    regards

Jim

?

hi guys,

im thinking of putting these items on ebay today , what would you put as a reserve or start price?

i was going to trade them both +£50 for a PPS43 but think i would do better by selling them and putting the cash towards the gun

regards

Jim

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast