Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

History Channel stuffs it up!!

Article about: For my birthday my 'boss' gave me this boxed DVD set of the 100th anniversary of WW1 put together by the history channel. Fantastic, she is finally starting to learn........ So, neat artwork

?

History channel is worthless in 85% of their programs.

"Ancient Aliens" and that other shait- "locker wars" or what it is called. Is only two of the countless crappy programs they are sending just to frustrate my fragile mind- and lets not forget these socalled "WW1 and WW2" documentarys... I cant see them, to much errors other useless content.

That is the problem when you have studied this intoxicating militaria and history for so long.... You notice more errors than what you can ignore.

Yes I agree with Jerry and Gunny, I see it all the time in documentaries, not only on the History Channel, I was watching a documentary about Dunkirk the other week and they had clips of Heer soldiers wth M42 helmets and PFs !

I suppose they only have access to a certain amount of footage and have to re-cycle it as it were.

?

The packaging job was probably given to some advertising company who were more at home advertising cars and nail polish.
    "2nd World War tank? Oh, ... there was a second war??"

Oz.

Well I just watched Sir Tony Robinsons "victory in Europe" tonight and saw a few more clangers!!
    Tricolor shields on the wrong side of helmets, incorrect facts about the battle of the bulge - and to top it off, a photo of someone ( I think it was Ley ) who they said was Goering!!!! .....sheez.
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

?

I'd stick to Daffy Duck .....

... "Duck season ....... NOOOOO ..... Rabbit season" !!
    Attached Images Attached Images

All of this reminds me of the history channel in my country, it has been years since i have seen a documentary on the channel. All the shows now involve gambling and hunting. Anything to get Drama for more people to watch. Not to mention if a documentary comes on it has many mistakes that mislead the viewers with false historical facts.

wow this is really bad, how can they even attempt to make docs when they are getting so much wrong.

they need to employ people who actually know stuff about the programs there making, not just quick research on google

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2