Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

History of the forum

Article about: G'day all, just curious as to how and when the warrelics forum actually started? I joined just over a year ago but have often wondered how it all came about, who's idea it was, how they went

Default History of the forum

G'day all, just curious as to how and when the warrelics forum actually started? I joined just over a year ago but have often wondered how it all came about, who's idea it was, how they went about it, who were the first members etc..... I'd love to know and I'm sure I wouldn't be alone, particularly for us newer members that aren't sure about how it all started. Cheers, Dave.

Default Re: History of the forum

Ditto

?

+1

a
    Best Regards,

Andy

[COLOR=#ffa07a]
    [/COLOR][CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000][SIZE=3]URGENTLY LOOKING FOR: 1982 era Argentine military issue goggles. Fravida 109, and "Sanbuee" French lens type
    [/SIZE][/COLOR][/CENTER]
    [CENTER][COLOR=#ff8c00][SIZE=3]

[/SIZE]Have a look at my 20+ (so far, work in progress) albums for lots of M1's, rare liners and other stuff, including WW2British helmets, Falklands battlefield pickup helmets and let me know what you think!
    [/COLOR][/CENTER]

I would be interested to know this too, all I have done is gone to the last page on some forum categories, it is fun when you are bored and like to see what was going on a few years ago.

A long time ago, in a galaxy far,...far away....
    Attached Images Attached Images
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Hi Guys, we started the forum back in 2007. We had a very small team of Mods and myself as Admin taking care of day to day running and Dimas looking after the technical side of things. So not much has changed there.

The initial intention was to make it solely about German and Soviet items. But gradually as the forum grew, we decided to add extra forums to cover the Western Allies, WW1, Polish Forces, etc. We continue to evolve and grow today.

But what makes this forum special is our ethos. From day one our intention was to make this forum different, by making it a pleasant place to exchange info with like minded collectors. It is not a money making business. Standards are high and I for one, find it a pleasure to be here and interact with you guys!

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

I agree with Ade. This is a very good forum, you people are perhaps the most friendliest and helpful I have encountered on any internet forum to this date. Everyday, I learn something new, and sharing pictures and information and generally discussing militaria makes this hobby so much more enjoyable. The support everyone receives at this forum is just incredible.

Well Ade, Dimas and all the other mods, you have certainly achieved what you set out to do. I am not involved with any other forum, I don't need to be, this one is really terrific with a bunch of friendly, generous and knowledgeable members only too willing to help. From what I can see from comments made about other forums is that this one is the benchmark, thanks to you all.

This is the only forum I am involved with as well. Several years ago
    I joined up, seeking information on a couple of items and found
    quick, accurate answers. I'm still learning. It's great to connect
    with like-minded guys and gals.

'Thank you' to all the original Admin, Mods, and respected
    early members who continue to make this forum great.
    I'm glad to be a part of it.........!
    Regards,

Steve.

?

Ive been here a short while,but I learnt so much already...You shouldnt go wrong with buying fakes if you are a member on this site its so easy to pop an item on the correct forum & the rest is history as they say!!! I also like looking at what other members collect interesting some of items that make others happy.. "I thought I was a fruitloop" until see what others are collecting!!! lol.. Cheers Terry.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast