Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

History and Rock Music???

Article about: YouTube YouTube Quite an unusual subject to combine events in history and rock music, but i think the Swedish metal band Sabaton manage to do it pretty well. Sabaton (band) - Wikipedia I don

Default History and Rock Music???

YouTube

YouTube

Quite an unusual subject to combine events in history and rock music, but i think the Swedish metal band Sabaton manage to do it pretty well. Sabaton (band) - Wikipedia
    I don't know the title of the film about the Polish hussars but i wouldn't mind watching it!...

Very interesting subject Paul. My favourite band which is dealing with history and has songs about it and especially about WW2 is also one band from Sweden and that band is Marduk.

Best regards,
    Franko

Yup i've listened to Marduk but they have a more "extreme" music style!....

Great topic Gunny The film you are asking about is The Day of the Siege: September Eleven 1683 (2012) - IMDb
    The Day Of The Siege September Eleven 1683 (2012) I think. I read it in the comments on Youtube.

Quote by Wewelsburg View Post
    Great topic Gunny The film you are asking about is The Day of the Siege: September Eleven 1683 (2012) - IMDb
    The Day Of The Siege September Eleven 1683 (2012) I think. I read it in the comments on Youtube.
    Thanks very much, i've just bought a copy of the DVD on ebay!......

Quote by Gunny Hartmann View Post
    Thanks very much, i've just bought a copy of the DVD on ebay!......
    Haha that's great

One of my favorites with Sabaton:
    YouTube

We also should not forget to mention one of the best heavy metal bands ever Iron Maiden. They really have many historical and war themed songs like the trooper or aces high for example and that two songs are among the best ever written.

Best regards,
    Franko

Well i watched The Day of the Siege last night and i was pretty underwhelmed, a pretty slow long film with the only action being in about the last 30 minutes. I think the Saboton video was made up from clips from a couple of films, i'm now trying to track down the other film!...

Death in June springs to mind. Interesting and always misunderstood. Nada is one of my favourite albums they did.

Here is a bit of early history and rock and roll

YouTube
    gregM
    Live to ride -- Ride to live

I was addicted to the "Hokey-Pokey" but I've turned
    myself around.