Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Holocaust veteran interviews

Article about: Im searching for interviews, videos of people that took part in the holocaust as camp guards,executioners or other stuff .....NOT PRISON SURVIVORS I have searched and found only a few, mostl

Default Holocaust veteran interviews

Im searching for interviews, videos of people that took part in the holocaust as camp guards,executioners or other stuff .....NOT PRISON SURVIVORS
    I have searched and found only a few, mostly from survivors of the holocaust only.
    It would be intresting to see them share their feelings when they had to take part in executiones how their daily life at the camp was and what they experienced.
    So if anyone has anything to share i would be glad.

Thanks!

Default Re: Holocaust veteran interviews

There are several such interviews to be found on Youtube...It would probably help if you spoke German though, as some of them aren't English-language programs...I also recommend the Auschwitz Doctor's Trial, The Eichmann Trial, The Wannsee Conference, and The Einsatzgruppen Trial on Youtube...Not too hard to find with a bit of diligence...
    cheers, Glenn

?

Moved to the Konzentrationslagers forum - hopefully you will find some useful advice here.

Regards,

Carl

Quote by bigmacglenn1966 View Post
    There are several such interviews to be found on Youtube...It would probably help if you spoke German though, as some of them aren't English-language programs...I also recommend the Auschwitz Doctor's Trial, The Eichmann Trial, The Wannsee Conference, and The Einsatzgruppen Trial on Youtube...Not too hard to find with a bit of diligence...
    cheers, Glenn
    Yes i thought so too that it was alot in german language ,im searching with either english subtitles,translators or such stuff but thanks i will check out those that you wrote!

The interesting thing to me is the fact that not a single one of the accused ever denied that it happened...they would generally say that they were merely following orders and had no influence over events, but NONE ever tried to use the excuse that it never happened. They knew they were caught, that the evidence was overwhelming and that such a defense would be rejected as absurd and preposterous...
    cheers, Glenn
    Last edited by bigmacglenn; 01-01-2014 at 06:21 PM.

Like this video..its quite funny how brainwashed they still are

?

You should find this of interest. Interview with Treblinka guard Franz Suchomel, a Sudeten SS-Unterscharführer who was responsible for the collection of valuables taken from the incoming transports. Following his arrest in July 1963, he was convicted at the Treblinka Trials in Düsseldorf during September 1965 of war crimes and sentenced to seven years in prison - of which he served four before being released. He died, some ten years later aged 72. The interview was filmed secretly in a hotel in Braunau am Inn, birthplace of Adolf Hitler.

Interview SS Guard Describes Treblinka Murders - YouTube

Quote by TIGER88 View Post
    You should find this of interest. Interview with Treblinka guard Franz Suchomel, a Sudeten SS-Unterscharführer who was responsible for the collection of valuables taken from the incoming transports. Following his arrest in July 1963, he was convicted at the Treblinka Trials in Düsseldorf during September 1965 of war crimes and sentenced to seven years in prison - of which he served four before being released. He died, some ten years later aged 72. The interview was filmed
    secretly in a hotel in Braunau am Inn, birthplace of Adolf Hitler.

Interview SS Guard
    Describes Treblinka Murders - YouTube
    This is hard viewing Carl, this old bastard seems almost proud of what was done in Treblinka. And it looks as though he lived a long comfortable life. I know he is but one of many , but you really do have to ask where is the justice?

?

Quote by sandgroper View Post
    This is hard viewing Carl, this old bastard seems almost proud of what was done in Treblinka. And it looks as though he lived a long comfortable life. I know he is but one of many , but you really do have to ask where is the justice?
    Indeed. Many, many veterans of the camp system evaded any form of justice.

Quote by TIGER88 View Post
    Indeed. Many, many veterans of the camp system evaded any form of justice.
    Far too many, but such is life and it will catch up to them eventually. I can't express the anger I felt watching that video, but my body temperate just increased.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast