Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Honest sellers of original WW2 German badges?

Article about: I have been a WW2 buff ever since I was a youngster. My first attempt at collecting WW2 memorabilia ended about 15 years ago because I simply could not tell an original item from a fake. The

Question Honest sellers of original WW2 German badges?

I have been a WW2 buff ever since I was a youngster. My first attempt at collecting WW2 memorabilia ended about 15 years ago because I simply could not tell an original item from a fake. There are a handfull of German WW2 badges that I would love to own such as the Luftwaffe Parachutist Badge, Luftwaffe Pilot's Badge, Luftwaffe Flak Badge, Panzerkampfabzeichen badge, etc. I simply don't know who to trust when it comes to online sellers. Any suggestions?

?

Default Re: Honest sellers of original WW2 German badges?

PM inbound.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Don't trust anyone but yourself. If you really want these badges buy the right books and surround yourself with other good reference materials including people. If you do your homework you will have no issues buying any of the badges that you mentioned. I hear a lot of people that say that they can't tell the fakes from real badges...if you do your homework you can spot them almost immediately. It is unfortunate that we have to be 'experts' in the things that we enjoy...after all this is supposed to be a hobby. But the amounts of money that are involved these days will bring out the worst in people...so if you want to collect and really know what you are buying is original you have to put out the money and time.

If you just try to find a 'good dealer' you will end up trusting someone that wants your money...and we all know how that goes.

Just my .02 cents worth!
    Chrys

?

Chrys is absolutely correct in what he says but I will make the point that sometimes when you're starting out collecting it does help to have a list of dealers that are recommended.
    It would be just as easy to end up on Charlie Snyder's site and get shafted if you don't know what you're looking at so to that end it really does help to browse dealers who stock original items, who have a good inventory and a reputation as being 'one of the good guys'. Not all dealers are sharks but conversely, no dealer is infallible so do your homework first and ask questions here on the forum.

I agree 100% Adrian...perhaps I am just a bit too jaded!

I think it is important to know where to go and where not too. I know that there are guys out there that try to do the right thing whenever they can...but you just see and read too many horror stories these days.

Chrys

?

emedals.com is a good place to start... original items.. with a full refund guarantee.

Militärhistorische Antiquitäten Berlin - Christian von Eicke GmbH - Militaria Versandhandel - index/de
    Marcus is very good & 100% trustworthy. I've been to his shop in Berlin & purchased stuff from him. He's a recommended dealer IMO. Stewy

Do not forget to view what our forum sponsors have to offer either...
    Non nobis, Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam!

?

A very valid point Richie, please don't overlook the sponsors. I've made a purchases from a couple of them and had a good transaction.

I agree knowledge is the best tool you can have. No one is perfect, we can all make mistakes though. As the others have said there are dealers out there that arent out to screw people over. I only deal with 3 or 4 dealers or forum members mostly. When I do sell myself I like to be completely honest with the item, if it's a blue duck, I will call it a blue duck and I stick with people that do the same. A little honesty goes along way.

At the end of the day, learn us much as you can, post items if your not sure and stay with trusted dealers and you will be fine

Jason

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast