Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Horrible experience with Manions auctions... Still ongoing.

Article about: Hi gang! I have a story to relate to you about an experience that I am currently dealing with. I fully understand that this is something that could have been avoided with some research on my

Default Re: Horrible experience with Manions auctions... Still ongoing.

They will get one chance... Then I will proceeded with legal measures.

?

Quote by LostDutchman View Post
    I know for a fact when you are running a business your cash flow is everything. Slow pays and no pays do not pay the utilities, the insurance, salaries, social security copays on salaries etc., etc. I sure hope you get your money buddie.

The problem is an attorney will likely cost you more than what you are owed. It may also take a couple of years to work it's way through the court system. The best way, in my opinion, is to file against them in small claims court. You may have to give up some money as your state likely has a maximum you can sue for. It is a far faster way to get your judgement. Please let us know how things go. I would not wait long as you never know when they may file for bankrupcy. Good luck.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

Quote by BOB COLEMAN View Post
    The problem is an attorney will likely cost you more than what you are owed. It may also take a couple of years to work it's way through the court system. The best way, in my opinion, is to file against them in small claims court. You may have to give up some money as your state likely has a maximum you can sue for. It is a far faster way to get your judgement. Please let us know how things go. I would not wait long as you never know when they may file for bankrupcy. Good luck.
    Wise words. The more you read about this company it seems apparent that they are circling the drain and it is only a matter of time.....

http://www.antiqueweek.com/ArchiveAr...sp?newsid=1667
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

I remember back in the 70's when Ron was in business. He was the Only outfit that Charged money for their auction catalogs. I would call him and ask, "Do you have any Iron Crosses?" and he would answer something like "I Think there might be a couple in the new catalog". Cool! Any way that you could check and see? "You'll have to Buy the catalog!" I'd be told. And it was always some ridiculous amount like 5 or 10 dollars, as I recall. Just so that I could look and See if there were any in it(and half the time there wasn't). I finally gave up dealing with the old pirate long before 1980, no matter How tantalizing his latest auction list might sound. Sounds like his business practices continued on without him...
    Good luck in any case, with the refund! It sounds to me like it's going to be a long and costly road until you see the last dime you've got coming arrive.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

I have a few lawyer customers at the shop... A couple of which are deputy US attorneys. I'm sure I could cash in a favor or two with one of them.

The helmets I sent weren't much special but they were genuine none the less. My problem is that I literally have hundreds of items I need to process and price.... Sometimes there just aren't enough hours in the day.
    I hear ya. I wish you all the best!

?

I have a few lawyer customers at the shop... A couple of which are deputy US attorneys. I'm sure I could cash in a favor or two with one of them.
    Where is your store in Kansas city.
    I think i have seen menbers from there??
    Do you have a website.

?

Quote by Wagriff View Post
    I remember back in the 70's when Ron was in business. He was the Only outfit that Charged money for their auction catalogs. I would call him and ask, "Do you have any Iron Crosses?" and he would answer something like "I Think there might be a couple in the new catalog". Cool! Any way that you could check and see? "You'll have to Buy the catalog!" I'd be told. And it was always some ridiculous amount like 5 or 10 dollars, as I recall. Just so that I could look and See if there were any in it(and half the time there wasn't). I finally gave up dealing with the old pirate long before 1980, no matter How tantalizing his latest auction list might sound. Sounds like his business practices continued on without him...
    Good luck in any case, with the refund! It sounds to me like it's going to be a long and costly road until you see the last dime you've got coming arrive.
    They were big in the 80s with interresting stuff but never bought from them .

UPDATE:

Well... they got me on the payment plan... first it was $500 for the first week... then it was $250 for a few weeks... now it's down to $150 a week...

I guess something is better then nothing... but I have to say this is a mighty ridiculous way to run a business. I run a multi million dollar a year grossing collectible business myself and I'd shut my doors before treating my customers like this.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast