MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Horrible experience with Manions auctions... Still ongoing.

Article about: Hi gang! I have a story to relate to you about an experience that I am currently dealing with. I fully understand that this is something that could have been avoided with some research on my

Default Re: Horrible experience with Manions auctions... Still ongoing.

Hold your breath that they even continue the payments...somehow, I rather doubt they will...
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Lol - the guy got to 'Cherry Pick' through your
    items, then stiffs you with small payments.

Thanks for the warning.

Got any WWII wound badges left.........?
    Regards,

Steve.

Contact the local County Sheriffs Dept--the Police usually do not get involved for some reason. I had a similar experiance from a place in Long Beach California and was about to go through with their County Sheriffs Dept--but I managed to avoid that because of a big bluff on my part.

Quote by youthcollector1 View Post
    I purchased a ss dog tag from them. When it came they told me I would be able to return it for a refund due to it was fake. I never received my refund! Lesson learned!
    I dealt with them around 12 years ago but didnt lose anything since I never spent. I made up my mind to never deal with (pardon the words) assholes. The items I were interested in were an unissued pair of Bishops Collar Tabs. There is a jerk from Colorado (cant think of his name off hand?) who has the SAME business "practices" as does manions.

Edit: Just remembered that jerlks name: Chuck Warriner (SP?) that jerk is another to avoid at all costs.

Quote by big ned View Post
    It would appear that they have been in the cart for sometime according to this article from back in 2010.

Manion’s consignors ask ‘Where’s the money?’ | Military Trader

Bloody amateurs...
    Sounds to me like they have a payment practice of first: "Borrowing from peter to pay Paul" Not a good thing to practice.

Quote by SteveR View Post
    I couldn't stand Ron Manion. I knew him when he was pushing fakes mixed with good items at gunshows in the early 70s. I never did business with him. People I knew kept showing up with fake WWI patches they bought from his auction that I knew he was having made in California at the time. I felt bad when I had to bust their bubble and tell them they were bad. I remember a falshirmjager helmet with an SS decal and a truely pisspoor fake SS marshals baton that he had. I never trusted the man. I don't know the guy that bought the company from Ron but obviously things havn't changed very much.
    My best advice is don't do business with an outfit known for having problems. The best thing that can happen is for the outfit to go out of business.
    Ditto on the above. I had ONE dealing with ron and he was a prick during the whole time and was one of the main reasons I never spent any money on his stuff. manions is perfect for the line: "Once an a-hole-always an a-hole"

Quote by BOB COLEMAN View Post
    The problem is an attorney will likely cost you more than what you are owed. It may also take a couple of years to work it's way through the court system. The best way, in my opinion, is to file against them in small claims court. You may have to give up some money as your state likely has a maximum you can sue for. It is a far faster way to get your judgement. Please let us know how things go. I would not wait long as you never know when they may file for bankrupcy. Good luck.

One thing you can also do--is to sue them for repayment of lawyers fees and court costs. If they do not pay? the County Sheriff cna get involved and confiscate enough of their property to sell off in order to pay you. I know a Nam vet/friend who is going through this right now with a local "'businessman"" and I use the term "businessman" VERY lightly.

I am so sorry to hear this for you....I know personally of Manions bad behavior's....dishonesty...and ability to sell things with question marks. These experiences date to before Ron Manion sold his business. As a novice collector I bought many things from Manions now considered fake by advanced collectors...people on this board and myself. I hate to pile on...but that's the way it is...for me.

I seriously doubt that any law enforcement agency will get involved as this is considered a civil problem. The only way anything could be confiscated would be after a judgement was reached in a civil court and the seizure was an inforcement of the judgement. This would take years to get to that point. It would also require a large lay out of funds for an attorney. The legal system is set up to allow the clients to be bled for the largest amount of fees possible. In the long run, there is likely nothing to seize. Take a look at the pathetic amount of poor junk that they sell these days. I thought they would be long gone several years ago so there may be a chance still for complete recovery. Just keep after them.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

Sorry to hear that.

I know a dealer locally who has been waiting on about $12,000 from Manion's for a while now.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast