Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Horrible experience with Manions auctions... Still ongoing.

Article about: Hi gang! I have a story to relate to you about an experience that I am currently dealing with. I fully understand that this is something that could have been avoided with some research on my

I never dealt with or knew Ron Manion I had a friend that got items from them back in the 80's or so he used to subscribe to their catalogs and still has a lot of them. I know my friend had a good picker friend that used to take things to sell him in the late 70's and almost went into business with him when he started either 74 or 76 I don't remember what he said. I personally didn't like some of the items my friend would get from him I think they were BW, Replica etc so I never did buy from him reminded me too much of old Jack at Globe on some things some of his items were original and OK. Some of the items my friend got were ok but I always thought it was crazy to bid on something and not know if you would get it or not and then pay his fees not for me. I liked the old school dealers you just bought it and paid postage. Didn't Manions host some type of auction at the MAX? I thought I saw that and in their catalog (MAX) in their ads and MAX Certification maybe I don't pay much attention to this type of hype myself. I have heard from other collectors it is not what it used to be I don't know have never delt with them. Don't like the stories and what I am reading and I do hope the OP gets his money from them. timothy

Does anybody know if Manions has finally gone down the drain?I saw some posts that were seeking info on what happened to them.Their was the good,the bad and the ugly and it looks very ugly right now.Saw a post that stated there server went down,hmm!Tucker the new owner from a couple of years ago got screwed royally and I am wondering if chapter 11 is coming.Back in the 70s and 80s you could pickup good stuff and and never was screwed with.I have seen posts here on the horrors of this auction,non-payments,rotten customer service,and just a real bad screwing to many that were owed five figures.If anyone has any dope on this mess please post it

There is also another website business run by Jody Tucker:

Militarywanted.com

Domain Name: MILITARYWANTED.COM
    Registry Domain ID: 79633200_DOMAIN_COM-VRSN
    Update Date: 2012-11-13 07:28:52
    Creation Date: 2001-11-12 12:26:13
    Registrar Registration Expiration Date: 2014-11-12 12:26:13

Registry Registrant ID:
    Registrant Name: Jody Tucker
    Registrant Organization:
    Registrant Street: 4411 north 67th st
    Registrant City: kansas city
    Registrant State/Province: Kansas
    Registrant Postal Code: 66104
    Registrant Country: United States
    Registrant Phone: +1.8165220689
    Registrant Email: tucker211@yahoo.com
    I collect, therefore I am.

Nothing in science can explain how consciousness arose from matter.

Well update is that after nearly 2 years my first invoice has been paid off. This was the big invoice. I am still owed for some smaller invoices totaling around $2,000.

Good going! Keep after 'em, Matt!
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Not that it makes a difference..but Matt should be compensated for the difference in price ( what the items are worth now ) within the 2 year period..for his patience. I know this will not happen for Matt..but it is wishful thinking.
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

As nice as it would be to see that money or any more of MY money from those people I'm pretty sure I hear the death knells for Manions. Wether or not Jody got suckered into buying Manions after Ron had run his Ponzi is not really important to me...

My advice... Chapter 11 and close your doors...

Once upon a time (late 90's, 2000 at best) they were respected and was a good place to auction. The only thing you had to worry about was knowing what you were bidding on as some of the pieces that were sold as originals but were in fact fakes or reproductions.

They once boasted "The Wall Street Of Collecting". Indeed, they had a lot to offer back then.

It now appears that they are more interested in criminal activities.

Law enforcement will not intervene unless there is a court order in hand. Unfortunately it is a civil matter.

I would like to know where Ron Manion lives.

The last I heard, he and his wife Shirley were still living in Kansas City, Missouri...I Think he's something like 70 years old...
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast