Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

How did you find this Forum?

Article about: I was looking for a first class iron cross. That was back in 2011, Doesn't feel that long ago. Thanks for putting up with my posts for so long . I have learned a lot these past few years and

Default Re: How did you find this Forum?

Google. I was searching for info on my 88 scope when i found the other website and followed a link here. Far more informative and social site, as with the other one, I post threads and have to grovel for informative replies, unlike here!

?

I found the site whilst general surfing ...(Web surfing that is !!!!)
    I saw Ade Stevenson was a core member, and after a chat via the phone, and a little prompting, Ade decided that "we" could try to get a Polish section off the ground.
    ... "History" literally, can now speak for itself ...
    With the powerhouse of Stefan, Tony, and Andrzejku aboard, the Polish section has grown from strength to strength.

Gary J.

Thought about starting a Polish interest forum myself having gotten fed up with lack of Polish militaria collecting forums "out there"...so in googling suitable names for such a forum, up popped WRF!

At first I wasn't sure this would be the forum for me because WRF was so weighted to Nazi-German collecting and I was concerned by the possibility of Neo-Nazi bias that is often perceived to go hand in hand with such collectors so I spent some weeks reading the posts and seeing how the forum was moderated before I joined and am extremely pleased that I did ... and even more delighted that I saved myself a whole pile of work trying to reinvent the Polish militaria forum wheel
    I collect, therefore I am.

Nothing in science can explain how consciousness arose from matter.

BIG NED if you think we believe all that crap we need shooting.Lol.

I remember posting on another site about a Pacific Star, which turned out to be fake, and was met with a pretty cold reception. After breezing through a couple of threads I saw someone saying they were fed up and coming here, so I checked WRF out. In addition to having members of a much higher caliber, this forum itself was much easier to navigate and better maintained - I didn't even have to post and found the answer with ease. Been on here at least twice a day ever since(even though I hardly ever post anything)

John

?

My 2nd pattern luft dagger did it This is anyway how i remember it.

I was getting interested if my dagger was good or not. I got it as a present because of my interest in WW1 and WW2 and the fact that my friends and family know i do battlefield excavations. I somehow ended up here (and a few other places), posted the dagger and Big Ned was the guy helping me out. He did it the "Ned" way and posted me some links. I have tried to look in the different threads on Luft daggers, but it was too difficult for me to establish if it was good or not. I of course found out the massive scale of faking so i was not sure. Anyway Ned helped me out and this first encounter with a long time member helping me, was so different from what i had experienced on another forum. So i stayed here and my collecting life took off i a more serious direction.

This forum is so different than others i have encountered, and the help from Ned was shocking to me I was a 1 digit post member... This is why we have to keep WRF as it is. Also helping out the newcomers like we would others we know, being stern but fair etc, etc. I know it might sound a bit over the top, but none the less true. WRF changed a lot for me. I will stop my rant here guys.

Regards, Lars

I was only going to buy ONE German helmet ( as I had moved on my collection back in the late 80's ) but after buying it went web browsing and found this forum. Lurked about for a year before joining and never looked back - trouble is, where does it end? ....... maybe when I can't get into the man cave for stuff?

Cheers, Dan
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

?

Ade told me about the free beer and loose women that frequent the site several years ago. Still looking for that - but have enjoyed modding the German helmet section since. The loose women and free beer must all be in the Polish section. They never come by the helmet area.

?

We have them in the Russian section thank god LOL

Regards, Lars

Quote by DougB View Post
    Ade told me about the free beer and loose women that frequent the site several years ago. Still looking for that - but have enjoyed modding the German helmet section since. The loose women and free beer must all be in the Polish section. They never come by the helmet area.
    Yeah, it's the best kept secret on the web. Come on over any time Doug. You're always welcome.

Na zdrowie,
    Tony
    Attached Images Attached Images
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast