Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

How do you clean your uniforms?

Article about: And btw don't forget guys that repellents are never enough. You need to keep your war rooms clean from dust etc Use a good vacuum cleaner and mob around to have the floor clean.

Default Re: How do you clean your uniforms?

Quote by glenn66 View Post
    that clears things up, i wear a suit every day so couldn't imagine 'never' cleaning it. Plus at $1200-1500 a piece i want to get as much life out of each one as possible.
    how much??!!

Italian...that price usually includes a shirt or 2 which I try to throw in as a type of 'bulk buy' but they usually just give a discount. I have to say, I do look pretty spiffy though! In fact the quality suits last a fair while, I seem to get 2 years out of a super 120 wool suit with an average 2 days a week, dryclean once a month on average cycle.

yeah, mine range 1200 to 5000. on the low end you're talking Agnes B., Armani in the middle and Kiton at the high end.

i think you dry clean quite a bit, but am i reading you live in Qatar?

what happened to this thread anyway? should we maybe open a "suits - let's hear your experiences!" thread in discussions? haha

You people are nuts. 1500-5000 for suits???? Reminds me of the time I walked into a super high end designer store at a mall in Texas. I think it was Armani or Versace, one of those places. I was looking at a shirt on the wall made of some kind of special silk. It was $800. The girl walked over to me, probably thinking I was going to steal something, and asked me if I needed help. I said yes, I needed to know if this shirt would do my homework for me. She looks puzzled and asked me to excuse her, she didn't understand my meaning. So I attempted to clarify for her if this shirt does anything, like write papers, take my exams for me, cook me dinner? It better do something for $800. She looked at me disgusted and walked away. I got a good laugh out of that. Now I spend $800 for a helmet. Weird. At least I won't shrink a helmet in the wash.

Quote by helmetone View Post
    Everything is bad for you. And everything gives you cancer ...or so says California. I also drank from a garden hose growing up, my crib was lined with bumper pads and I played in the street. Nowadays you Might as well just live in a damn bubble.
    Story of my life. And I'm still only 16!!!!

You people are nuts. 1500-5000 for suits???? Reminds me of the time I walked into a super high end designer store at a mall in Texas. I think it was Armani or Versace, one of those places. I was looking at a shirt on the wall made of some kind of special silk. It was $800. The girl walked over to me, probably thinking I was going to steal something, and asked me if I needed help. I said yes, I needed to know if this shirt would do my homework for me. She looks puzzled and asked me to excuse her, she didn't understand my meaning. So I attempted to clarify for her if this shirt does anything, like write papers, take my exams for me, cook me dinner? It better do something for $800. She looked at me disgusted and walked away. I got a good laugh out of that. Now I spend $800 for a helmet. Weird. At least I won't shrink a helmet in the wash.
    i can't stand people that sell this stuff that don't have a sense of humour. look... i buy the stuff... but if the person selling it to me doesn't get that it's unneeded to the point of being hilarious in a way, i shop somewhere else. i make those kinds of jokes all the time.

okay, a story: i was the first customer at the black label Armani in San Francisco. i bought a couple of suits from them out of a hotel room where they were keeping all the stock before the actual store opened. when it did, they had this grand opening with search lights and movie stars and all that and i was invited because i was their first customer. you had to wear black tie evening dress. so it's all gowns and tuxedos. i went.

i'm standing next to the neckties with my cocktail next to the one guy in there that was not wearing a tux. he's this short guy with jeans on and a t-shirt. he puts his hands up and forms a square with them that he's peering through like a movie director would and is scanning back and forth like that while talking to me intently about the quality of the lighting and how it plays against the architecture. he was very technical and convincing about it. so i nod a couple of times and say a couple of minimal words so that he doesn't feel offended when i get the heck away from him because i'm worried he's going to say he's Napolean next.
    i walk over to the manager and tell him there's a nut job over there by the ties that thinks he's a movie director. the manager laughs and says, "that's George Lucas."
    so... George Lucas.
    anyway, it's just a story. but no one complained he wasn't wearing a 1200 dollar suit (and if he were, i would have thought he was kind of a nut anyway because he came on so intense and abruptly about it). so who needs the stuff and if you don't really need it, you've got to be able to enjoy a joke about the fact that people are buying it anyway.

So is that why Lucas hasn't made a good movie since Star Wars? He didn't wear a tux to the grand opening of an over priced store? And he tried to share his genius with you but you just nodded and walked away. It killed his confidence. Thank you for that! Now can you stand next to James Cameron and do the same thing?

So is that why Lucas hasn't made a good movie since Star Wars? He didn't wear a tux to the grand opening of an over priced store? And he tried to share his genius with you but you just nodded and walked away. It killed his confidence. Thank you for that! Now can you stand next to James Cameron and do the same thing?
    hahahaha honestly i nodded like i cared the best i could and definitely recall even saying a couple of pleasantries before i walked to soften the blow. but it wasn't because i cared about the guy's feelings. i just thought he was an insane person that slipped in and i didn't want to set him off into some kind of psychotic rage.

now i just feel badly that i met George Lucas and thought he was a lunatic.

i didn't want headlines like, "templehof triggers psychotic rage in madman: morgan freeman and britney spears suffer bite injuries."

at any rate, please do recall that the point of all this is that, in my opinion, it is unnecessary to clean an original period tunic.

?

That's a great story! I'm surprised he didn't dress up as chubaka. I love the show MAD TV when Will Sasso played him in skits. Oh yeah, stay on topic....
    Don't wash old uniforms.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast