Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

How does one get a C&R license?

Article about: Hi everyone- I was recently thinking about buying a C&R eligible gun for my collection, but if I am correct, I need a license for that. So, my question is, how does one go about obtainin

Default How does one get a C&R license?

Hi everyone- I was recently thinking about buying a C&R eligible gun for my collection, but if I am correct, I need a license for that. So, my question is, how does one go about obtaining a C&R license? I understand that there is a $30 as well, correct? Thanks.

MAP
    ?

What country?? Might help with responses from people.

Is it Canada? US? If US..what state?
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

A C&R license is only issued to US residents.
    Start here;
    ATF Home Page | Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives

Follow the instructions closely. You must also notify local law enforcement of your intentions. There is a form in the packet you will receive. You can call them or do it online. It is good for 3 years.
    You do not need the license unless you want the firearm sent directly to your home. Remember that you are a normal citizen for all but C&R eligible firearms. New produced copies of eligible firearms are not covered.

I let mine lapse some years ago.

Thanks for all of the help! And yes MAP, I am from the US. I should have cleared that up beforehand, sorry about that. I hope to be obtaining some historical firearms soon!