MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

How to get rid of Ghosts?

Article about: Sorry that I found this blog a little late.I bought a suitcase that contained some WW 2 items from a estate sale last spring.Inside I found 6 gold teeth.While looking through the suitcase I

Default Re: How to get rid of Ghosts?

[QUOTE=Panzer1031;201873]Theres a member on here if I remember clearly, who wrote a book on this subject exactly. Militaria items that had attatched spirits. Hopefully he chimes in.

Panzer i think it a guy called Richard Kimmel and the book was called ww2 ghosts, artifacts can talk a bit of a character if i remember rightly
    cheers Ronnie

i dont think its an oddball topic i have often thought about this but didnt want to be the first to mention it ha

I'm enjoying the storys, keep them coming

John

I can't believe people are prepared to believe that a single item of militaria can carry a spirit with it, I mean come on.... if it is true even 1% of the time then why aren't places such as Stalingrad or Auschwitz where untold numbers died in terrible circumstances absolutely packed wall to wall with spirits?

I think the human mind can invent some crazy stuff when left alone on a quiet night with the expectation of something about to happen.

When I met my wife she was a student living in a share house situation, the house was about 100 years old and had about 10 bedrooms and was originally a hospice to the rural poor, who knows how many lonely old folk passed away there? It was later a maternity hospital for local girls who were pregnant out of wedlock (a big taboo in country Queensland back in the 40's-50's) and the birthing room was used as a storage room. I sometimes would go into that room to try and pick up a sense of anything...and got...nada. Oh sure the other students claimed they heard bumps in the night and had temperature changes etc but I personally witnessed nothing. Even my wifes bathroom had the water in the sink mysteriously come on from time to time and sure enough it was a ghost...except closer inspection found the tap was very worn and an increase in water pressure would slowly open the tap from a drip to a trickle to being pouring out.

One night I went into the kitchen and left the light out to see what might happen, the house was silent except for my footsteps making the floorboards creak and sure I got chills and I let my mind go where it wanted, it was almost pitch black and i could imagine shadows moving etc etc so i let the situation build in my mind until I felt a bit 'spooked' then I snapped myself out of it, got my glass of water and left...no drama.

Personally I wish there were ghosts but I just don't believe it.

?

[QUOTE=85ronnies;202054]
    Quote by Panzer1031 View Post
    Theres a member on here if I remember clearly, who wrote a book on this subject exactly. Militaria items that had attatched spirits. Hopefully he chimes in.

Panzer i think it a guy called Richard Kimmel and the book was called ww2 ghosts, artifacts can talk a bit of a character if i remember rightly
    cheers Ronnie
    Yup! thats the guy! I knew i wasnt THAT crazy Ronnie! lol. And JAY, i hope your right for the sake of us all

chingle hall in goosnar Preston you say ronnie , were off to blackpool soon about an hour and a half drive so i might do a slight detour , i wont tell the family the significance though , people are always going to be split over this some are adamant nothing exists while others believe i think an open mind is best thanks james

?

When i was inbetween moves i moved into my mothers house with all my stuff, the room my militaria was stored in had plants my mothers had for years but within a few days they all died ,also she started seeing globes floating around her bedroom,i walked in and found that the hoover lead had been made into a huge perfect heart shape when nobody was in, plus her toilet started flushing on its own, my mother couldnt wait for me to move into my new home, all true , rgds Dave

?

I'm generally a skeptic in most things spiritual and think most ghost stories are just that, stories. However I do believe people see ghosts or feel them or sense them. My own longstanding theory and that of others too is that ghosts are merely replays of an event that occurred in the past. So of course, Jay you wouldn't have seen a ghost in a funeral home. People are already dead when they get there. Same with graveyards.

The reason I believe is such a thing as ghosts is simple. I experienced one. At the time I thought nothing of it. It was in London at my sister's house. I was woken late at night by someone passing. I assumed it was someone passing outside in the street even though it was a quiet cul de sac. But I was unnerved a bit. Years later at a family gathering the subject came up. Virtually everyone who stayed in that room including had been woken by someone coming into the room and passing through.

When we eventually mentioned to my sister, she was matter of fact about it and told us about the woman on the stairs as well. The ghosts as such were just part of the household. Similarly I knew a girl whose family owned a cottage where a woman strolled down a corridor and disappeared. It was just routine for them.

My theory is that most typical ghost stories follow a pattern. You see a person as if they are alive. In effect it's like a video recording or a film. We have no problem watching films and seeing dead people as if they are alive. What if there's a natural way of recording a moment in time which is replayed when conditions are right? Say night time, when it's cold or damp or misty? In that sense to my mind it's possible that a ghost isn't a dead person at all. They may actually be still alive and you are only seeing an image of them.

Basically the problem I have is that I don't want to believe in paranormal activity so seek a rational explanation because I have experienced a ghost as have members of my family and friends.

But I'm happily skeptical about interacting with spirits. I don't believe that. I do believe the human mind is very powerful. Some of my dreams are astonishingly detailed and realistic. But if the brain is miswired in any way. The difference between imagination and reality can be blurred.

In the end though we cannot explain everything away.

Fun thread. I have no such experiences nor do I believe in these things, but I am open-minded and willing to accept these phenomena if proof is ever presented.

Quote by col james View Post
    chingle hall in goosnar Preston you say ronnie , were off to blackpool soon about an hour and a half drive so i might do a slight detour , i wont tell the family the significance though , people are always going to be split over this some are adamant nothing exists while others believe i think an open mind is best thanks james
    James, i have just had alook on the internet and the house has now been sold to private resident but the people who have it are supposed to be a decent lot so may be worth a knock, just youtube it and look at one of our local reporters who went ther and see what he says, the address by the way is Whittingham Ln Gossnargh PR3 2JJ have fun m8 ,cheers ronnie

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast